ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Private Championship Success factor and Private Schools Thoughts!!!

Because Segregation isn’t a thing. Private schools are located where they can stay open. When the income level in an area drops, they typically close.

Use Valle for example. It’s population would probably double in the median household income when up in the area by even $5000

The ethnic make up of the area is never taken into consideration when these studies are conducted. Hard to have minorities attend you school when there aren’t any live in your area.

That would be like the NAACP going to West Plains and suing a local factory people not enough black people work there.
So what is your take on Tolton? They have like 252 kids 9-12 with only 19 minority students. Just guessing that over half of the Varsity BBall team is minority and 1 of those happens to be the best player on Fulton's team from last year and another that transferred from JC. Now I know the kid from JC his dad did not get retained as the Head Coach at Lincoln, so they may have legally transferred but still a little shady. Columbia is 76% white but Tolton is 88%. There are plenty of minorities in Columbia that could attend Tolton, so I'm not sure your argument is 100% accurate. Just my opinion.

That’s odd because for the last 5 years I have worked admissions for 2 different schools and both offered financial aid base on income and academics.

In all reality minorities have a higher acceptance rate when applying to private schools and our European brothers and sisters.
Kids from Germany, Belgium, England and Spain apply?

For someone who only brings private school conversations to the forum he sure doesn’t know anything about the topic.

Because it’s called financial aid dumbass.

Vouchers is aid from the state that you have to apply for. It’s 2 separate thing. And I’m the one that does know anything on the subject. You’re a grade a moron. 🤣🤣🤣

So what is your take on Tolton? They have like 252 kids 9-12 with only 19 minority students. Just guessing that over half of the Varsity BBall team is minority and 1 of those happens to be the best player on Fulton's team from last year and another that transferred from JC. Now I know the kid from JC his dad did not get retained as the Head Coach at Lincoln, so they may have legally transferred but still a little shady. Columbia is 76% white but Tolton is 88%. There are plenty of minorities in Columbia that could attend Tolton, so I'm not sure your argument is 100% accurate. Just my opinion.

One would have to see who applies to the school. I know it’s expensive to go there, I believe almost triple what Helias is, and doesn’t off much as far as aid goes.

The Fulton kid I say seems questionable. He was first declared ineligible and family played the race card on MSHSAA and they buckled. Their wrestling team seems to be dramatically upgraded as well.

Reactions: 65TPT
One would have to see who applies to the school. I know it’s expensive to go there, I believe almost triple what Helias is, and doesn’t off much as far as aid goes.

The Fulton kid I say seems questionable. He was first declared ineligible and family played the race card on MSHSAA and they buckled. Their wrestling team seems to be dramatically upgraded as well.
Helias had a generous donation a few years back to lower tuition so I’d say you’re right on that. Tolton has always been shady to me. They always magically find a way to get some good move ins at the varsity level in bball

Boy thats a bad take. What part of Class 2 was "deep?" Lamar and BO both pounded their side of the brackets. Ritter beats both teams. Just for giggles, Ritter beat Burroughs 59-0, Oaks beat them in the playoffs 54-14.
Blair Oaks didn't play Burroughs but they played Borgia, which is who I assume you're talking about.
Blair Oaks was up 48-7 at half against Borgia. 54-7 just a few minutes in the third, starters sat out second half.
Ritter was up 38-0 at half against Borgia. Ritter's starters played well into the 4th quarter.

Just wanted to make sure the facts were straight.

As far as opinion, it's been said everytime Blair Oaks plays an Stl private. They will lose. But they never have to this point, and neither has Lamar. Lamar and Blair Oaks would compete just fine against Ritter this year.

Also if you're going to go by comparing scores. Blair Oaks beat Lutheran North by more than St. Mary's and Francis Howell. Does that make Blair Oaks better?

Because Segregation isn’t a thing. Private schools are located where they can stay open. When the income level in an area drops, they typically close.

Use Valle for example. It’s population would probably double in the median household income when up in the area by even $5000

The ethnic make up of the area is never taken into consideration when these studies are conducted. Hard to have minorities attend you school when there aren’t any live in your area.

That would be like the NAACP going to West Plains and suing a local factory people not enough black people work there.
Ah yes the Valle standard which I see as an exception in private schools.

Boy thats a bad take. What part of Class 2 was "deep?" Lamar and BO both pounded their side of the brackets. Ritter beats both teams. Just for giggles, Ritter beat Burroughs 59-0, Oaks beat them in the playoffs 54-14.
Haha speaking of bad takes. Blair Oaks didn't "pound" their semi-final opponent, who in turn took out the District 8 winner who survived the toughest district in the class (3 top 8 teams). The 1,2/7,8 side of the bracket was stacked.

Calpreps has Ritter as the slightest of favorites over Blair Oaks (1 point) and has Blair Oaks as a 11 point favorite over Valle, a 75% chance who is the team originally discussed since they are the one dropping down. Lamar is a 7 point favorite (65% chance) over Valle. Not saying Valle can't compete in Class 2, but they won't "pound" their way to a certain title by any measure.

Reactions: 65TPT
Ya'll have a hard time reading. He said Class 2 was deeper than Class 3. That's no where near the case. I never said BO or Lamar wouldn't compete for a state title in Class 3. I only pointed out the flaw in his statement. You all are trying to be woke. Stop it.

If BO or Lamar were Class 3 this year they would 100% be in the top five conversation. But the rest of Class 2 was not "deep."

Haha speaking of bad takes. Blair Oaks didn't "pound" their semi-final opponent, who in turn took out the District 8 winner who survived the toughest district in the class (3 top 8 teams). The 1,2/7,8 side of the bracket was stacked.

Calpreps has Ritter as the slightest of favorites over Blair Oaks (1 point) and has Blair Oaks as a 11 point favorite over Valle, a 75% chance who is the team originally discussed since they are the one dropping down. Lamar is a 7 point favorite (65% chance) over Valle. Not saying Valle can't compete in Class 2, but they won't "pound" their way to a certain title by any measure.
BTW I watched Richmond play New Madrid at Ste. Genevieve. They were a good Class 2 team. BO won their Semi Final game by almost 20. Thats a pounding.

Blair Oaks is 4-0 against STL all star teams since 2018. After LN lost a second straight time to BO they put them on their regular season schedule as well as Maryville. They are also the only team in the state that has played against all of the big Mizzou recruits last year and the recent addition Marvin Burks (CR) , Luther Burden (CR at the time), DJ Wesolak (Boonville).

Reactions: 25WHEEL
Ya'll have a hard time reading. He said Class 2 was deeper than Class 3. That's no where near the case. I never said BO or Lamar wouldn't compete for a state title in Class 3. I only pointed out the flaw in his statement. You all are trying to be woke. Stop it.

If BO or Lamar were Class 3 this year they would 100% be in the top five conversation. But the rest of Class 2 was not "deep."
Reeds Spring was in the championship game. Case closed.

Valle isn’t going to drop to class 2 and win. Class 2 was deeper than 3 plus Lamar and BO are absolutely capable of beating Cardinal Ritter.

We’ll just have to see how it plays out. St Mary’s is making an announcement on Wednesday on their future.

There’s no active recruiting. The rise of private schools came with the ending of the desseg program. People doesn’t want to send their kids to the Stl public and north county schools.
giphy.gif

I don't see how you break out privates in the MSHSAA system:

Public Classes 1-5
Private Classes 1-2. Horrible disparity. Almost need a multi-state scheme.

Then what do you do with all the other sports?

BG, LC, Richmond and Seneca were all better than Reeds Springs IMO. I also think those 4 would compete and could possible beat Pleasant Hill, Maryville, Valle and Park Hills Central.

Reactions: bullitpdq68
BG, LC, Richmond and Seneca were all better than Reeds Springs IMO. I also think those 4 would compete and could possible beat Pleasant Hill, Maryville, Valle and Park Hills Central.
The only teams mentioned that I saw play were Bowling Green and Pleasant Hill. Both good, but not great, teams for their respective classifications. But I would not pick Bowling Green to beat Pleasant Hill on any day of the week.

Oh when you colonized matters 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

My point is, the race game is bullsh*t... We are mostly mutts, and use the phrase, "of European descent" is bullsh*t too. My family has a % of Black, Spanish, Portugal, England, Wales, Germany and god knows what else.

My point is, the race game is bullsh*t... We are mostly mutts, and use the phrase, "of European descent" is bullsh*t too. My family has a % of Black, Spanish, Portugal, England, Wales, Germany and god knows what else.
Now we know where you got the idea to boil meat.

• Haha
Reactions: HHSX2

Good for you

Why does every private school say that’s not me?
I am not an expert so all I can say is read the two articles I posted on this thread.
From a StL newspaper article: about 200 kids in St. Mary's, 90% receive financial aid, 28% low income families, and more than half non -Catholic. The article also says that there is a majority black and non catholic student base.

Blair Oaks didn't play Burrough, but they beat Borgia 54-14

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT