ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Private Championship Success factor and Private Schools Thoughts!!!

HBL Pirates fan_1990

Oct 18, 2017
Class 1 (2)
St Vincent- 0 Points
St Pius X (Festus) - 0 Points

Class 2 (11)
Valle Catholic-7 Points
Duchesne- 3 Points
Springfield Catholic- 2 Points
Lift for Life- 2 Points
Father Tolton- 0 Points
Hogan Prep- 0 Points
John Burroughs-0 Points
Missouri Miltary Academy-0 Points
Pembroke Hill-0 Points
Priory- 0 Points
St Francis Borgia- 0 Points
St Michael the Archangel- 0 Points

Class 3 (9)
Lutheran North 9 Points
St Pius X (KC) 6 Points
Lutheran St Charles 5 Points
Summit Christian 3 Points
Lutheran South 2 Points
Bishop Dubourg 0 Points
Principia/ Whitfield 0 Points
University Academy/Kauffman O Points
Westminster Academy 0 Points

Class 4 (1)
Cardinal Ritter 11 Points

Class 5 (6)
St Mary's 10 Points ( If they stay open)
MICDS 8 Points
Vianney 5 Points
Helias 4 Points
Chaminade 3 Points
St Dominic 3 Points

Class 6 (4)
CBC 16 Points
DeSmet 8 Points
Rockhurst 3 Points
SLUH 0 Points

Could Cardinal Ritter do what St Mary's did the past 2 years and Win class 3 and Class 4 two years in a row if they win tomorrow?

If St Mary's Stays open and their enrollment stays the same, Can St Mary's win 3 Straight Championship's in a row in 3 different Classes?

With Valle Catholic Dropping to Class 2 and Cardinal Ritter Moving up to Class 4, Who wins Class 3 Next year?

Can Valle Catholic win Class 2 next year since they're dropping down or will Class 2 Powerhouses Blair Oaks and Lamar be the better teams?

My Final Thoughts on Private Schools, They need their own Class, or the Cheating St. Louis Private Schools needs to have there own Class .Recruiting is not fair to Public Schools who doesn't recruit at all . Look at Valle and Helias for example. Valle got the Most State Championship, yes They won state Championships in Class 1 but do u think Valle recruits or have D1 Prospects no i never heard of D1 Prospect from Valle. Helias had 1 D1 Prospect in the past 10 or so years, Helias doesn't recruit either.

If Anything that's Dissolved in the future i hope it be the AAA Conference.

Valle isn’t going to drop to class 2 and win. Class 2 was deeper than 3 plus Lamar and BO are absolutely capable of beating Cardinal Ritter.

We’ll just have to see how it plays out. St Mary’s is making an announcement on Wednesday on their future.

There’s no active recruiting. The rise of private schools came with the ending of the desseg program. People doesn’t want to send their kids to the Stl public and north county schools.

Reactions: Vallegrad2
Valle isn’t going to drop to class 2 and win. Class 2 was deeper than 3 plus Lamar and BO are absolutely capable of beating Cardinal Ritter.

We’ll just have to see how it plays out. St Mary’s is making an announcement on Wednesday on their future.

There’s no active recruiting. The rise of private schools came with the ending of the desseg program. People doesn’t want to send their kids to the Stl public and north county schools.
So the confluences of talent just happened to settle at a select few schools by chance? Even the troll in you doesn't believe that.

So the confluences of talent just happened to settle at a select few schools by chance? Even the troll in you doesn't believe that.
troll GIF

Valle would drop? I wasn’t sure how close they were on the points. Interesting for sure.

Class 1 (2)
St Vincent- 0 Points
St Pius X (Festus) - 0 Points

Class 2 (11)
Valle Catholic-7 Points
Duchesne- 3 Points
Springfield Catholic- 2 Points
Lift for Life- 2 Points
Father Tolton- 0 Points
Hogan Prep- 0 Points
John Burroughs-0 Points
Missouri Miltary Academy-0 Points
Pembroke Hill-0 Points
Priory- 0 Points
St Francis Borgia- 0 Points
St Michael the Archangel- 0 Points

Class 3 (9)
Lutheran North 9 Points
St Pius X (KC) 6 Points
Lutheran St Charles 5 Points
Summit Christian 3 Points
Lutheran South 2 Points
Bishop Dubourg 0 Points
Principia/ Whitfield 0 Points
University Academy/Kauffman O Points
Westminster Academy 0 Points

Class 4 (1)
Cardinal Ritter 11 Points

Class 5 (6)
St Mary's 10 Points ( If they stay open)
MICDS 8 Points
Vianney 5 Points
Helias 4 Points
Chaminade 3 Points
St Dominic 3 Points

Class 6 (4)
CBC 16 Points
DeSmet 8 Points
Rockhurst 3 Points
SLUH 0 Points

Could Cardinal Ritter do what St Mary's did the past 2 years and Win class 3 and Class 4 two years in a row if they win tomorrow?

If St Mary's Stays open and their enrollment stays the same, Can St Mary's win 3 Straight Championship's in a row in 3 different Classes?

With Valle Catholic Dropping to Class 2 and Cardinal Ritter Moving up to Class 4, Who wins Class 3 Next year?

Can Valle Catholic win Class 2 next year since they're dropping down or will Class 2 Powerhouses Blair Oaks and Lamar be the better teams?

My Final Thoughts on Private Schools, They need their own Class, or the Cheating St. Louis Private Schools needs to have there own Class .Recruiting is not fair to Public Schools who doesn't recruit at all . Look at Valle and Helias for example. Valle got the Most State Championship, yes They won state Championships in Class 1 but do u think Valle recruits or have D1 Prospects no i never heard of D1 Prospect from Valle. Helias had 1 D1 Prospect in the past 10 or so years, Helias doesn't recruit either.

If Anything that's Dissolved in the future i hope it be the AAA Conference.
I got news for you, most of the public schools in stl recruit as well, and they all compete with East st Louis

I got news for you, most of the public schools in stl recruit as well, and they all compete with East st Louis
and What St. louis Public Schools recruiting, to my Knowledge Most St. Louis football Schools are having a hard time field teams and low Roster numbers except for Bigger Schools.

and What St. louis Public Schools recruiting, to my Knowledge Most St. Louis football Schools are having a hard time field teams and low Roster numbers except for Bigger Schools.
Kirkwood (football) and Webster (basketball) are two I know are recruiting. East St. Louis is the biggest one, and it’s not even close to the privates.

Kirkwood (football) and Webster (basketball) are two I know are recruiting. East St. Louis is the biggest one, and it’s not even close to the privates.
Oh Wait East St. Louis, Didn't know there was a East St. louis High School west of the Mississippi river, i thought this was only a Missouri High School Forum Not a Illionis High School Forum!!!

Oh Wait East St. Louis, Didn't know there was a East St. louis High School west of the Mississippi river, i thought this was only a Missouri High School Forum Not a Illionis High School Forum!!!
Unfortunately kids can drive right across the river and go there. Similar to the discussion of Kansas schools

The rise of private schools came with the money being made from shoe sponsored, summer circuit basketball and its ties with coaches and directors with private schools. That filtered into the football side and now into the NIL money being made at the college level. Now that is filtering into the HS programs in other states that offer NIL money.
R.d0916b2e9633668d61da74a86a880514

Unfortunately kids can drive right across the river and go there. Similar to the discussion of Kansas schools
Those streets go from Illinois to Missouri too! No way in the world does any private school keep out of state kids from attending.

Walnut Heights was recruiting back in the day!!!!! They even had a swim team.

• Wow
Reactions: shoot90draw
The rise of private schools came with the money being made from shoe sponsored, summer circuit basketball and its ties with coaches and directors with private schools. That filtered into the football side and now into the NIL money being made at the college level. Now that is filtering into the HS programs in other states that offer NIL money.

BINGO...the boutique teams... All-Star youth football model of team building. Its only a few bad eggs.

You see this on a YouTube video?

• Haha
“While 11% of students attend private schools, those schools account for 15% of racial segregation, according to the research, which uses a novel approach to measure school segregation in every U.S. county.”

So the timing is just a coincidence?
No coincidence but do you realize why?Public schools was forced to desegregate. When this happened privates cashed in appealing to people wanting segregation.
There is more segregation in private schools than public.

No coincidence but do you realize why?Public schools was forced to desegregate. When this happened privates cashed in appealing to people wanting segregation.
There is more segregation in private schools than public.

Unless they are intentionally not admitting student because of race. It isn’t segregation. Private schools are generally made up of the ethnic groups around them.

Not to mention those statistics leave out charter schools

Unless they are intentionally not admitting student because of race. It isn’t segregation. Private schools are generally made up of the ethnic groups around them.

Not to mention those statistics leave out charter schools
“Charter schools are the third group, and they account for 9% of segregation, compared to 8% of enrollment.”

Why are you defending them?

Boy thats a bad take. What part of Class 2 was "deep?" Lamar and BO both pounded their side of the brackets. Ritter beats both teams. Just for giggles, Ritter beat Burroughs 59-0, Oaks beat them in the playoffs 54-14.

Boy thats a bad take. What part of Class 2 was "deep?" Lamar and BO both pounded their side of the brackets. Ritter beats both teams. Just for giggles, Ritter beat Burroughs 59-0, Oaks beat them in the playoffs 54-14.
Because they pounded a weak class 3? I’m not arguing Lamar or BO would win. Just curious what your reasoning is. I just have a hard time with this stuff. Anytime I’ve seen someone say Lamar or BO will just lose big or lose by a good margin it never happens. Just curious.

Because they pounded a weak class 3? I’m not arguing Lamar or BO would win. Just curious what your reasoning is. I just have a hard time with this stuff. Anytime I’ve seen someone say Lamar or BO will just lose big or lose by a good margin it never happens. Just curious.
Transitive property isn't valid for comparing football scores.
Steph told me that.

“Charter schools are the third group, and they account for 9% of segregation, compared to 8% of enrollment.”

Why are you defending them?

Because Segregation isn’t a thing. Private schools are located where they can stay open. When the income level in an area drops, they typically close.

Use Valle for example. It’s population would probably double in the median household income when up in the area by even $5000

The ethnic make up of the area is never taken into consideration when these studies are conducted. Hard to have minorities attend you school when there aren’t any live in your area.

That would be like the NAACP going to West Plains and suing a local factory people not enough black people work there.

And? Maybe you need to review what BO and Lamar have done over the last 10 years. I promise you they’d play with Cardinal Ritter.

Because Segregation isn’t a thing. Private schools are located where they can stay open. When the income level in an area drops, they typically close.

Use Valle for example. It’s population would probably double in the median household income when up in the area by even $5000

The ethnic make up of the area is never taken into consideration when these studies are conducted. Hard to have minorities attend you school when there aren’t any live in your area.

That would be like the NAACP going to West Plains and suing a local factory people not enough black people work there.
The cost of attending a private school causes segregation.

The cost of attending a private school causes segregation.

That’s odd because for the last 5 years I have worked admissions for 2 different schools and both offered financial aid base on income and academics.

In all reality minorities have a higher acceptance rate when applying to private schools and our European brothers and sisters.

Well I can see you will never see the truth
That’s odd because for the last 5 years I have worked admissions for 2 different schools and both offered financial aid base on income and academics.

In all reality minorities have a higher acceptance rate when applying to private schools and our European brothers
Peace out.

In all reality minorities have a higher acceptance rate when applying to private schools and our European brothers and sisters.
Do you mean vouchers?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT