ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Al Sharpton for this family or the outrage in this death?

bullitpdq68

Sep 22, 2005
Home of the Cubs!!
This happened back in April yet no riots no Obama or Al Sharpton standing by the family yelling for justice now and talking about how this was murder, telling the family how they grieve for them. No National news coverage nothing, it was just quietly investigated and at the conclusion charges will be filed. Why? this was a young black man needless killed by two cops in a brutal manner?

Channel 2 Action News talked with the emotional family of a man who died in police handcuffs after he was stunned by officers.
East Point police officers shocked Gregory Towns at least three times with a Taser before he died.

Towns' mother, Claudia Towns, told Channel 2 investigative reporter Mark Winne she worked for a hospital for 35 years, including a decade in the trauma unit, but the death of her son was the most traumatic thing to ever happen to her.

"It's like a nightmare now that won't go away. I'm drowning," Claudio Towns said. "All we had was each other, and now there's three of us instead of the four of us."

East Point police said Gregory Towns led police on a foot chase after fleeing a domestic violence scene in April.

"I'm trying to understand why would he even be Tased even one time, but multiple times?" said Gregory Towns' sister, Tiarra Towns.

Family attorney Chris Stewart said witness accounts make clear the heavyset Towns was Tased because he would not stand up fast enough. A police report says he kept stating he was tired.

"There are multiple witnesses that saw what happened out there that the city of East Point won't be able to dispute because they are all saying the same thing," Stewart said.

"The severity of this incident, to me, reflects a wrong attitude on the part of police officers," said attorney Quentin Seay.

In July, East Point Police Chief Woodrow Blue said one officer resigned in lieu of termination at the conclusion of an internal investigation and another was terminated and appealing.

"[There's a separate criminal investigation by whom?] By the GBI. We wanted to be as transparent as we can," Blue said.

"What I want is justice, not for Gregory, but for all people," Claudio Towns told Winne.

Mother wants justice for son killed by Police

Gee, I'll play along. Maybe because there wasn't an influx of riots and outside gangsters looting and terrorizing the community?

Or are you suggesting they should???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT