ADVERTISEMENT

Where’s Mitzi with a comment?

I've heard the whole deal about they are all hyper competitive, it is the super bowl and the emotions are at the highest, he just wants to win so bad, etc. Agree with all, but no way around it is a bad look. How many little league, HS, and college players saw that and then hear the explanation and think wow that's how it is. Emulates our society now where manners and ethics are shrinking day by day. Go visit the DMV, ask a teacher how they are talked to, and watch our former President talk, all will show you we are in trouble.

Remember when Mean Joe bumped Chuck Noll like that? And Ronnie Lott screaming at Bill Walsh? Jerry Kramer blasting Lombardi?
I don’t either.

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
No disgust? Great example for millions of kids watching? Class act?

You have one of the best TEs to ever play the game, playing in the single most important game of the season, and he was taken out of the game. The play he was out? The TE blocking did a terrible job and contributed to the fumble. Do you even football? NICE TRY BOZO!!

No disgust? Great example for millions of kids watching? Class act?
Oh, I was indeed disgusted, and shared that disgust with several Chiefs fans (the excuses from Reid and analysts are lame too, BTW); you think people are talking about it a lot now, imagine if the Chief’s had lost (all the media would talk about all off season would be “disfunction in the chief’s locker room!”…)

I just don’t watch these boards as often as you do 🤣

You have one of the best TEs to ever play the game, playing in the single most important game of the season, and he was taken out of the game. The play he was out? The TE blocking did a terrible job and contributed to the fumble. Do you even football? NICE TRY BOZO!!
So you chest bump and scream at your HOF head coach??? This wasn’t the first year TE coach. Good god. Get some standards.

So you chest bump and scream at your HOF head coach??? This wasn’t the first year TE coach. Good god. Get some standards.
HOFer screaming at a HOFer. Its football during the most IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON!! I think these two are allowed to scream at each other. NICE TRY NINCOMPOOP!!

Reactions: shoot90draw
You do realize that if time expires on at that drive it just rolls into another OT period, right? NICE TRY BOZO!!!
If time expires, you say?

Double check your math my esteemed friend and booster; it was first and goal from the three yard line and they were down by three with the clock running when Mecole caught that pass with three seconds left (even though they had a time out that they could have called after the previous play with 30 seconds left…)

…if Hardman dropped it or was tackled, you’d be looking at just enough time for a field goal attempt (and that would have forced that second OT you speak of…)

Why not call that timeout with 30 left after you get first and goal… give yourself a couple more tries?

Andy Reid is my favorite Chief, but his clock management has been notoriously bad for years 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Double check your math my esteemed friend and booster; it was first and goal from the three yard line and they were down by three with the clock running when Mecole caught that pass with three seconds left (even though they had a time out that they could have called after the previous play with 30 seconds left…)

…if Hardman dropped it or was tackled, you’d be looking at just enough time for a field goal attempt (and that would have forced that second OT you speak of…)

Why not call that timeout with 30 left after you get first and goal… give yourself a couple more tries?

Andy Reid is my favorite Chief, but his clock management has been notoriously bad for years 🤷🏻‍♂️
Bosko is right. Even if the time had run out, they would have still gotten to keep playing since it was their first drive of overtime. The time does not necessarily matter. I was confused at first too until it was explained in the post game stuff

I remember when StL was a major league city and could keep an NFL franchise.

Well not really.
The fans were more than supportive. The StL and MO TV market is still amongst the highest percentage of ratings, in fact for this super bowl we had better ratings than only 4 NFL cities.

The blame would be placed on the city/county/state officials who wouldn't upgrade the dome the minute the clause is the lease hit. Tie that with an owner who is a business man first, and the league who realized he was the only owner with the money and chops to build his own 5 billion plus stadium to get the NFL back to the LA market.

STL fans got no help from the darling Hunt family who greased the path for Kroenke.
271975-sports-football-usa-x-f-l-st-louis-battlehawks.gif

Yes. EXPIRED! It was FIRST and goal like you said. You have 2nd down and 3rd down to try for the touchdown. THEN kick the field goal on 4th down. You wanna know why? Because there is ANOTHER OT period when time EXPIRES!! NICE TRY BOZO!!!!

The fans were more than supportive. The StL and MO TV market is still amongst the highest percentage of ratings, in fact for this super bowl we had better ratings than only 4 NFL cities.

The blame would be placed on the city/county/state officials who wouldn't upgrade the dome the minute the clause is the lease hit. Tie that with an owner who is a business man first, and the league who realized he was the only owner with the money and chops to build his own 5 billion plus stadium to get the NFL back to the LA market.
twice.

Bosko is right. Even if the time had run out, they would have still gotten to keep playing since it was their first drive of overtime. The time does not necessarily matter. I was confused at first too until it was explained in the post game stuff
Just to be clear, you’re saying that if the clock had expired with the score 22-19, there would have been a second overtime?

I'm not young enough to remember the Bidwell days. Obv it was about a stadium. Not sure how much public $ went into stadiums in those days. From what I remember hearing, Bidwell was not ridiculously rich and didn't have the $ some of the owners did, and certainly nothing like they do now. I believe the football Cardinals were well supported by the fans.

Last edited:
Actually, I was just dealing with the oddities of the fact that I was ignoring your posts previously 🤷🏻‍♂️
(My reply to your post is above)
Right outta the NFL rule book

"
  1. If the score is tied at the end of a 15-minute overtime period, or if the second team’s initial possession has not ended, another overtime period will begin, and play will continue, regardless of how many 15-minute periods are necessary."

I had no idea that the second team to posses the ball was guaranteed the ability to complete their possession, even if time expired 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: bullitpdq68
I had no idea that the second team to posses the ball was guaranteed the ability to complete their possession, even if time expired 🤷🏻‍♂️
That’s okay. Notice the delay of the celebration at the end. A lot of players wasn’t sure if they won the game.

Reid had discussed the updated rules with his team all the way back in training camp, according to The Ringer. The Chiefs even held overtime rules presentations and strategy meetings each week during the postseason and twice leading up to the Super Bowl.

The 49ers did no such preparation. Some of their players weren’t even aware of the different playoff rules.

“You know what? I didn’t even realize the playoff rules were different in overtime,” San Francisco fullback Kyle Juszczyk said. “I assume you just want the ball to score a touchdown and win. I guess that’s not the case. I don’t totally know the strategy there. We hadn’t talked about it, no.”

Despite his strategic advantage in the biggest game of his life, Reid chose to remain modest when asked about his decision making, even defending 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan in the process.

“There’s two way you can go with it,” Reid said. “You can either kick it off or you can receive it. I’m not sure there’s a right answer necessarily. Ours ended up being the right one. That easily could have gone the other way. That’s what we felt was the right thing to do.
l01mc90hv9fa1.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT