ADVERTISEMENT

What the.... Trump and Biden Campaigns go head to head in with rival fundraisers in London???

I don't care who you support, but do we really want any foreign money being in our elections be it Russia or Great Britain? So what will London want when their candidate wins.... We the people my @$$....more like we sell to the highest bidder.

US citizens living abroad are free to fundraise and support any political party that they chose ( and vote absentee while they are overseas)

US citizens living abroad are free to fundraise and support any political party that they chose ( and vote absentee while they are overseas)
Yup I am sure that all that money is coming from U.S. citizens living in England. I thought voting had to be done in person?
I agree that foreign money shouldn't be used.

The amount of money involved in our national election campaigns has gone beyond crazy. We have campaign donation limits, but then there is this secretive "super PAC" money that kicks in after the conventions, which I believe has no limits for corporation donations to super PACs, feel free to correct me.

Then there are the politicians getting fat off lobbyists money.......

We're all being bamboozled by all those greedy bass tards.

sometimes I have a hard time with sarcasm...but are you saying you are okay with foreign money financing our canidates...
It was just my weird sarcasm.
Yes I believe I do have an issue with foreign money in this application. I’m guessing all parties are doing it?

The amount of money involved in our national election campaigns has gone beyond crazy. We have campaign donation limits, but then there is this secretive "super PAC" money that kicks in after the conventions, which I believe has no limits for corporation donations to super PACs, feel free to correct me.

Then there are the politicians getting fat off lobbyists money.......

We're all being bamboozled by all those greedy bass tards.
I remember Jesse Ventura talking many years ago about the answer would be each candidate gets a nationally provide amount of money, and then no other money is allowed at all (for example each party gets $400 million dollars). In theory that would keep some things from getting bought. It would certainly be hard if not impossible to police, but seems like a decent idea

yeah elections are a mess. Then add the fact that you have the idiots voting on a candidate based off of some social media that might be an outright lie, they are not smart enough to go actually fact check something. So now all these campaigns just spew crap knowing that voters will just eat it up.

Then add in the fact that we no longer pick our presidential candidates - the DNC and RNC decide who goes on the ticket.

Are we all forgetting that Russia slammed money into our election via the NRA? Citizens United allows dark money to flow in without identifying where it comes from. Foreign money is impacting everything.

Reactions: Expect2Win
Are we all forgetting that Russia slammed money into our election via the NRA? Citizens United allows dark money to flow in without identifying where it comes from. Foreign money is impacting everything.
I think this may be the one thing ALL of us can agree on. Right, left, and center all know CU was bad policy and the money in politics is killing our country.

Reactions: Toots_mcgee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT