ADVERTISEMENT

What’s next for Scotland Co, Westran and Salisbury?

thesnow.flakegazette

Mar 10, 2023
All three are committed to 11-man despite rumors of dropping to 8-man to keep the L&C together with schedules set for the next cycle.

Westran’s AD and stated they have options and I’m sure Scotland could get into the CCC with Brookfield’s exit.

Are Westran and Salisbury looking west?

I think Westran/Salisbury have to be looking west into the GRC. They're too far away from the Central State 8 (Russellville/Linn/Eugene conference) and I don't see the CCC wanting them. Scotland would be a perfect fit for the CCC geography-wise, but not the best competitive balance fit. There's just not a lot of places Scotland could go. Memphis, MO is the middle of nowhere.

In terms of program-building, I think Scotland Co. is going in the right direction. They have a new coach and a very salty ballclub. That said, the CCC would present some big challenges. They've already played Highland & Clark County and lost to both. Salisbury and Westran will have natural geographic harmony with Brookfield, Marceline, Milan, Putnam, and Trenton. The GRC is a good conference, but Westran & Salisbury have always had good-looking athletes that can compete in Class 1 football. I'll be interested to see how they look in different conferences.

Not sure what will happen. It will be interesting to see where they end up. I have always been impressed with Scotland County's kids and their will to compete. There would be no shame in them dropping to 8-man yet it seems that is not the direction they want to go.

As far as any of those 3 joining the CCC, I don't think you could pay them enough to join plus there is some travel issues there.

I have been hearing rumors of South Shelby wanting out of the CCC for a long time due to not being competitive, but they will be pretty good in football for a while so that may change.

Not sure what will happen. It will be interesting to see where they end up. I have always been impressed with Scotland County's kids and their will to compete. There would be no shame in them dropping to 8-man yet it seems that is not the direction they want to go.

As far as any of those 3 joining the CCC, I don't think you could pay them enough to join plus there is some travel issues there.

I have been hearing rumors of South Shelby wanting out of the CCC for a long time due to not being competitive, but they will be pretty good in football for a while so that may change.
Scotland to EMO and Bowling Green to the CCC. If Scotland stays 11 man they will have travel issues.

All three are committed to 11-man despite rumors of dropping to 8-man to keep the L&C together with schedules set for the next cycle.

Westran’s AD and stated they have options and I’m sure Scotland could get into the CCC with Brookfield’s exit.

Are Westran and Salisbury looking west?
wasn't Westran part of the group that destroyed class 1?

Adrian 176 kids; Westran 131; Lincoln 135.

Reactions: NEMOFball
South Shelby would be a good fit for the EMO imho.

The EMO will need another football school since this is the last year for South Callaway to be a (football only) member of the EMO...so that leaves them with only 7 football schools.

Scotland would be a decent geographical fit for the CCC...but would really struggle competitively...especially in football.

Bowling Green would be a good fit for the CCC both geographically and competitively (right now, they have had a run of really good athletes)...not sure that will always be the case.

If Bowling Green would leave the EMO...Winfield should really get back into the EMO....better fit for them than the GAC competitively.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT