ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight's sectionals C1-3

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
I don't really follow C1 so will defer other than I always like Jefferson in this neck of the woods.

C2 Plattsburg at Maysville is a MAJOR one tonight will try to tune in at NWMOInfo.com

C3 NWMO like East Buchanan and Summit Christian Academy by double digits setting up a great Quarterfinal.

Out of region C3 watch NMCC at Charleston. New Madrid should win but the latter is a renowned Boys BB program they host and won't go down easily.

I think NMCC wins pretty easily against Charleston (I probably jinxed NMCC by saying that). PJ Farmer was at Charleston the last 2 years but transferred over to Sikeston. He's a big reason Sikeston is on another level this year. Had he stayed at Charleston it would have been a fun matchup with NMCC.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Jefferson now co-ops with South Nodaway but keeps rolling on and should win by double digits Saturday and advance to the C1 Final Four.
da bears you nailed NMCC they looked awesome again. As predicted East Buchanan and SCA rolled now collide. A bit of a magic carpet ride for EB but I think that ends Saturday. SCA looks like very apt Final Four material.

Plattsburg, whose only losses were to strong MEC squads, knocked out 1-loss Maysville by 10 now gets a very hot Weaubleau in the quarters. I "think" the Tigers will win but that could go to the wire.

Biggest story lines for me tonight were Eugene and South Iron going down. Didn't see either of those happening.

da bears you nailed NMCC they looked awesome again. As predicted East Buchanan and SCA rolled now collide. A bit of a magic carpet ride for EB but I think that ends Saturday. SCA looks like very apt Final Four material.

Plattsburg, whose only losses were to strong MEC squads, knocked out 1-loss Maysville by 10 now gets a very hot Weaubleau in the quarters. I "think" the Tigers will win but that could go to the wire.

Biggest story lines for me tonight were Eugene and South Iron going down. Didn't see either of those happening.
I'll put my mortgage on the tigers winning the Plattsburg and Weaubleau game.

How did SCA lose to Barstow twice, Ewing Kauffman, and Kearney? Those teams were not that great this year regardless of classification.

How did SCA lose to Barstow twice, Ewing Kauffman, and Kearney? Those teams were not that great this year regardless of classification.
Barstow is a 1 seed in their district. Kauffman is a mystery indeed. Kearney is one of a whole bunch of around .500 any given night teams but admit I didn't see that one coming either.

I run into this in my main sport FB but it is even harder in this sport: with soooooo many teams in just this NWMO region it is impossible to know about illnesses/injuries etc. that can skew games. The other factor (which makes BB so much fun to follow especially this time of year) is just pure luck. Team A is a 20 pt. favorite on paper but Team B hits everything they shoot guess what will happen.................

Barstow is a 1 seed in their district. Kauffman is a mystery indeed. Kearney is one of a whole bunch of around .500 any given night teams but admit I didn't see that one coming either.

I run into this in my main sport FB but it is even harder in this sport: with soooooo many teams in just this NWMO region it is impossible to know about illnesses/injuries etc. that can skew games. The other factor (which makes BB so much fun to follow especially this time of year) is just pure luck. Team A is a 20 pt. favorite on paper but Team B hits everything they shoot guess what will happen.................
That is very true. Usually by schedule, you can tell some teams just have a weaker road which may be the case. I haven't seen them play but those that did say they are really good. I was just wondering if they were missing some kids during a stretch that are back and now they are up and going. Might be worth a watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT