ADVERTISEMENT

Steelville 71 Richland 54

Steelville was still trying to score late it looked like. Is there bad blood between those two coaches or cities?

Under 20, I see no issues. I feel bad for some of these coaches. You play games to work on your stuff and if you have a player that returns from anything, you need to play them. It puts these coaches in a bad spot, but no reason to run up a score.

Under 20, I see no issues. I feel bad for some of these coaches. You play games to work on your stuff and if you have a player that returns from anything, you need to play them. It puts these coaches in a bad spot, but no reason to run up a score.
I agree. A 10-20 point game in the last few minutes of the fourth quarter is a great time to work on stuff. It's not a total blow out, but not close enough that you're worried about blowing the game. Of course there's always the risk of injury, so that's a factor. I will say that trying to score on the last possession of the game while winning is not a good look, though usually that's from a player that doesn't understand the unspoken rules of the game yet.

Not that I know of. I would say that is a product of the first year head coach more than anything
I think this definitely could be the cause and possibly their last few games. With their first game up big they slowed down, their next 3 were a 3 point game, an 11 point loss to Fatima where Perkins was injured, and a 22 point loss after putting a good effort together in the second half vs St. James with no Perkins. A combination of a few things, but just hadn't managed a game like this yet. Ready to see how he handles a few more of these...

It’s up to the losing team to decide the score. If you’re trying to score, so am I. Take your starters out, don’t press, run your offense and I’ll call off the dogs. But if you’re trapping and running transition?? Take this ass beating. I might play somebody good next week.

Baldoldman, you are absolutely correct and I’m laughing so hard. The same people crying about hurting the poor kids’ feelings are the same against participation trophies and taking it easy on their kids when it comes to working hard, cleaning their room, etc but how dare another team play hard to the horn. The coach is getting paid money right? His job is to teach basketball AND life. Part of life is not expecting someone to take it easy on you just because you are not as good. We all agree to pull off the press and play your subs, but stop scoring??? Just pass and burn clock?? Please!! What does that do for anyone? Sports is not for everyone. You WILL lose and if you can’t take it, find another activity. Still laughing.
It’s up to the losing team to decide the score. If you’re trying to score, so am I. Take your starters out, don’t press, run your offense and I’ll call off the dogs. But if you’re trapping and running transition?? Take this ass beating. I might play somebody good next week.

I keep seeing on Twitter and here that Steelville didn't have a player. Is she their best kid? Over and over again. Didn't Fatima have a post girl out and st james had a good kid out also? I haven't seen anywhere where their fans posting that as a reason for defeat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT