ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost

Who will nubs hire to replace him?

I get that this is parodying my post about Odom, huge difference though, Frost has won before and is only in his 2nd year. Also, Odom got to take over a team coming off SEC Championship appearances, Frost took over a garbage fire.

If the Nubs are still average/below average in year 4, then yeah go ahead and start asking that question

I get that this is parodying my post about Odom, huge difference though, Frost has won before and is only in his 2nd year. Also, Odom got to take over a team coming off SEC Championship appearances, Frost took over a garbage fire.

If the Nubs are still average/below average in year 4, then yeah go ahead and start asking that question
Its not about you hammy

And nubs are a power man. They dont have to rebuild.

And they play in a subpar conf.
Frosts record

6-7
13-0
4-8
4-5

Order restored

Frost is s good coach. They will improve over the next several seasons. That said, I don’t see Nebraska returning to the glory days of the 60’s-90’s.

Landscape of college football is different and the move to the Big 10 has killed Nebraska in recruiting in Texas.

It’s going to be another frigid winter in the cornhusker state unless they de-frost appropriately.

both teams are bad. players and coaches

It’s going to be another frigid winter in the cornhusker state unless they de-frost appropriately.
giphy.gif

Do you also think Trump is a good president?

I think there is a lot of Trump Derangement out there. Not sure how much Frost Derangement there is.

I think Frost is a good, not a great coach....and i don't see him getting fired and Nebraska hiring urban Meyer.

I think there is a lot of Trump Derangement out there. Not sure how much Frost Derangement there is.

I think Frost is a good, not a great coach....and i don't see him getting fired and Nebraska hiring urban Meyer.

I think Nebraska is just going to have to face facts, leaving the big 12 for the big 10 was not a good move for them.

It has hurt them in recruiting and national exposure. They are now a second tier program in the Big 10.

Reactions: MIZZOU71
Subpar conference, can't take anything you say serious. Keep pounding your chest over being 500 in the SEC!

Its not about you hammy

And nubs are a power man. They dont have to rebuild.

And they play in a subpar conf.
Frosts record

6-7
13-0
4-8
4-5

Order restored

Not a UCF fan but Auburn had a chance to shut them up but lost. So either UCF had more talent than Auburn or Frost did a decent job coaching.

was that in a bowl game that Auburn didn’t give a sh about and UCF thought was their Super Bowl? Uhhhhhhhh

except for the major bowls the smaller bowls are basically exhibition games. after being off for several weeks you never know what version of your team is going to show up.

was that in a bowl game that Auburn didn’t give a sh about and UCF thought was their Super Bowl? Uhhhhhhhh

That was a bowl game that UCF wouldn't short up about being playing for a NC before the game and Auburn went out and lost. It wasn't like UCF was sneaking under the radar.

I'm not making a case for UCF. Just saying a coach that goes 13-0 by any reasonable standard is a good coach, Maybe not name a trophy after him but I mean seriously...

Nebraska's problem isn't the head coach. The problem is it is easier to recruit talent now to the school that Frost left than the team he went to. Hell, they will get better as soon as they get a QB that can throw a spiral.

That was a bowl game that UCF wouldn't short up about being playing for a NC before the game and Auburn went out and lost. It wasn't like UCF was sneaking under the radar.

I'm not making a case for UCF. Just saying a coach that goes 13-0 by any reasonable standard is a good coach, Maybe not name a trophy after him but I mean seriously...

Nebraska's problem isn't the head coach. The problem is it is easier to recruit talent now to the school that Frost left than the team he went to. Hell, they will get better as soon as they get a QB that can throw a spiral.

A Nebraska assistant told me several years ago that if they get a kid to visit their campus they almost never lose that kid. That has completely changed and I’m not sure they can get that back with all the incredible facilities at other schools throughout the country.

A Nebraska assistant told me several years ago that if they get a kid to visit their campus they almost never lose that kid. That has completely changed and I’m not sure they can get that back with all the incredible facilities at other schools throughout the country.

I don't think it is that their facilities are sub-standard. 15 years ago ( or more) Nebraska was one of a limited amount of teams that would get national exposure for a player. Now while some teams get more exposure than others a player can go to Iowa St or SMU and play on TV almost every week...and start after a year or two instead of redshirting and sitting 2-3 years.

As Cru66 said Nebraksa largely lost their toehold in recruiting Texas when they left for the Big 10. Nebraska can't win without recruiting nationally and a lot of 17-18 year olds do not care about tradition.

All that said I think in a year or two Nebraska will be back in the top 20-30 team range. Not elite but I think Frost will improve the program.

Reactions: cru66
I don't think it is that their facilities are sub-standard. 15 years ago ( or more) Nebraska was one of a limited amount of teams that would get national exposure for a player. Now while some teams get more exposure than others a player can go to Iowa St or SMU and play on TV almost every week...and start after a year or two instead of redshirting and sitting 2-3 years.

As Cru66 said Nebraksa largely lost their toehold in recruiting Texas when they left for the Big 10. Nebraska can't win without recruiting nationally and a lot of 17-18 year olds do not care about tradition.

All that said I think in a year or two Nebraska will be back in the top 20-30 team range. Not elite but I think Frost will improve the program.
I think another part of it was them letting Bo Pelini go the guy was a consistent winner there but it wasn't enough

who is "they"?
"They" would refer to SEC fans and hacks (Including Nick Saban) Sugar Bowls won by Oklahoma are obviously memorable to me... Most recently after the Sooners beat Alabama and Auburn... the we dont get up for exhibition games card was played.

"They" would refer to SEC fans and hacks (Including Nick Saban) Sugar Bowls won by Oklahoma are obviously memorable to me... Most recently after the Sooners beat Alabama and Auburn... the we dont get up for exhibition games card was played.

so really its just an sec vs sooner conundrum. gotcha

Did you play an sec team in a bowl last 2 years?

Lincoln Riley has never won a bowl game ;)

And since A&M laid the beat down on you , OU is 2-5 in bowl games.

Yeah, like Missouri fans wouldn’t sacrifice their first born to have Riley as HC right now. Hell, a lot of them were ready to take the DC a week ago.

Riley has more conference titles in 2 years than what, the last 8-9 Missouri coaches combined?

Reactions: MoSooner69
Yeah, like Missouri fans wouldn’t sacrifice their first born to have Riley as HC right now. Hell, a lot of them were ready to take the DC a week ago.

Riley has more conference titles in 2 years than what, the last 8-9 Missouri coaches combined?

My point remains.
Facts

Sort of like the FACT I pointed out before your pivot. Lincoln.

Riley is among the elite coaches in college football. Even SEC's biggest cheerleader Paul Finebaum admits that.

But good to have you back to your old self.

Reactions: cru66

f it..sacrifice all of them on the tree of woe.

just win baby!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT