ADVERTISEMENT

rain!!!!

kaching

Feb 27, 2002
if Friday's meet is rained out I know they get rid of prelims and run it like a regular meet - but does anyone out there know what the time schedule is for running events and field events?

From page 17 of the track manual: If everything is a final on Saturday, Field Events would still start at 11 and running events at noon.

i have seen that - but they are probably not going to have each field event slot last three hours or the last wouldn't begin until 8 at night. Just wondering if anyone knew when each field event and each running event would start.

don't know if it has happened before.

Not sure on the schedule, but the LJ, TJ, SP and DT would all be finals and would be 4 jumps each, so I would guess they could space them out over 1 1/2 hours or 2 at the most. Friday events would be competed first.
I do not know if it has ever happened that any event has been pushed back a day.

Would they seed the running events any different if they are running 2 heats against time?

yes a "slow" heat and then a "fast heat" - heat would be redrawn putting the 8 fastest in the fast heat. (Would you rather be in the fast heat in lane 1 or the slow heat in lane 4?)

slow heat success

the slow heat forced by the rainout did very well. not sure there was a race where someone from the slow heat didn't medal including at least one state champion...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT