ADVERTISEMENT

NWCMO Pick Em 2024 rules, changes and process

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
WELCOME BACK to our annual regular season contest which commences one week from Friday (August 30): Those of you new to this contest please ask any questions by responding to this thread. Hopefully this explains everything concisely enough:

As posted over the BOTGATE summer I have decided to focus mainly on 11-man but not totally leaving 8-man out just trimming it to a single "game of the week". We will discuss the Playoff Challenge once that time arrives. There will be TWO other such games of the week (no duplicates unlike years past) one inside the NWCMO region one outside involving at least one MO team which will be italicized for clarity.

The bonus/deduction will remain at 30 points but this year reverts to the same number for 8-man games of the week. Those games of the week will have their own bonus just like the past two seasons i.e. players selecting correctly under 30 point spread receive 2 points and those incorrectly are deducted 1. IF the game(s) spread beyond 30 points that comes into play as well i.e. correct selections get 3 points and incorrect are deducted 2.

Games will post Sunday Mornings with the deadline being the earliest kickoff time/day among those posted.

There will be no weekly tiebreaks until the final one (9) for position.

Once I return from games will post a NWCMO Pick Em rolling scoreboard posting scores as they are received AND VERIFIED. My primary score source is MSHSAA but also check other sites which have shown themselves to be reliable.

Once all games are known will immediately (this often finishes after midnight) post the weekly and overall stats.

PRIZES will happen again this year (my little gratitude for all of you who take the time and effort to participate) same as years past i.e. First, Second and Third overall will receive gift cards by mail and there will be a random drawing among all weekly top scorers (no tiebreaks all will go into the pool) and that player will receive a prize. NEW this year is a kinda "gag" hard luck prize for the player finishing last (please don't dump LOL). To be eligible for that, though, there is a twist in that you MUST play every week to be eligible.

My current attendance schedule has me on the road all but one week so please bear with my travel plus I am still on for the Duncanville at DeSoto TX game will do everything on my notebook from downtown Big D hotel room that Week 7 night. If that travel changes will, of course, notify everyone.

THERE YOU HAVE IT. Again anyone with any questions etc. please respond to this thread. One of my little requests is PLEASE do not post outside stuff especially banter etc. on the weekly threads. It helps this suddenly 60 year old stay on track LOL!

Week 1 games and all the matrix worksheets etc. are ready to go look for TWENTY THREE opening week games to post this Sunday morning. As of now it appears all of them are on Friday and the earliest KO is 5:30 PM.

GOOD LUCK everyone cannot wait!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT