ADVERTISEMENT

New Ozark Mountain Conference

BearsCountry

Apr 10, 2007
From Skyline schools:
The new conference, the Ozark Mountain Conference, will be a merger of the remaining schools in the Mid Lakes Conference-Skyline, Fair Grove, Strafford, Stockton, Clever, and Forsyth and the newly formed Ozarks Highlands Conference-Buffalo, Warsaw, Sherwood, Butler and El Dorado Springs. There will be a North and South division with the North comprised of Skyline, Warsaw, El Dorado Springs, Stockton, Butler and Sherwood and the South that will include Buffalo, Fair Grove, Strafford, Clever, and Forsyth. Schools will play each team in their division every year in all team sports, and all conference schools each year in basketball. Specific guidelines will be in place to determine conference champions in each team sport. There will also be an Academic Bowl competition beginning in 2020-2021 with the plan to expand to additional academic competitions in the future.

Can you post a link to where you found this info?
From Skyline schools:
The new conference, the Ozark Mountain Conference, will be a merger of the remaining schools in the Mid Lakes Conference-Skyline, Fair Grove, Strafford, Stockton, Clever, and Forsyth and the newly formed Ozarks Highlands Conference-Buffalo, Warsaw, Sherwood, Butler and El Dorado Springs. There will be a North and South division with the North comprised of Skyline, Warsaw, El Dorado Springs, Stockton, Butler and Sherwood and the South that will include Buffalo, Fair Grove, Strafford, Clever, and Forsyth. Schools will play each team in their division every year in all team sports, and all conference schools each year in basketball. Specific guidelines will be in place to determine conference champions in each team sport. There will also be an Academic Bowl competition beginning in 2020-2021 with the plan to expand to additional academic competitions in the future.

By the way I saw this also confirmed in school board minutes for Fair Grove, Butler and Forsyth.

So what does this mean for Cole Camp that was going to play in the conference for football only. Guess they were kicked to the curb.

So what does this mean for Cole Camp that was going to play in the conference for football only. Guess they were kicked to the curb.

I think Cole Camp always knew they were just a short term filler until other full time members joined.

I thought that Lockwood was joining a conference with Sarcoxie, Pierce City, Diamond, Ash Grove, etc.......Did they change their minds?

Sounds like there will be a lot of schools, in and out of the new conference, that will need reshuffle their schedules.

If hollister left for the srvc east/midlakes would the big 8 take bolivar to fill the hole in the east?

Don't know, I have always found it funny that Hollister was leaving the COC small, but was willing to join the Big 8 with the same schools from the COC small, which again they were leaving. They are the weak link, if they could not compete in the COC small then the big 8 is not going to get any easier.

If hollister left for the srvc east/midlakes would the big 8 take bolivar to fill the hole in the east?
giphy.gif

You would think the Libs would have a hard time getting the votes needed from the schools that just left them.

If Hollister leaves it puts the conference at an odd number of schools and would make scheduling harder in football one of the main reason the conference was built the way it was. So if they leave rest assured they will look for another member and Bolivar makes sense.

Windsor is now looking for a game in week 5 due to the changes in WEMO. Appleton City dropped us due to needing to schedule one of the two new schools. At least that is what I have been told.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT