ADVERTISEMENT

Neosho 41 Carthage 40 - Final

Looking at the records: How can you have more conference games played, than teams in the league?

Just for sake of accuracy...Here are the current COC standings with the last oppennent in paranthesis.

Nixa 8-0 (Ozark)
Webb City 7-1 (Neosho)
Ozark 6-2 (Nixa)
Willard 5-3 (Branson)
Republic 4-4 (Carl Junction)
Branson 3-5 (Willard)
Carthage 4-5
Neosho 2-6 (Webb City)
Joplin 2-7
Carl Junction (Republic)

Just for sake of accuracy...Here are the current COC standings with the last oppennent in paranthesis.

Nixa 8-0 (Ozark)
Webb City 7-1 (Neosho)
Ozark 6-2 (Nixa)
Willard 5-3 (Branson)
Republic 4-4 (Carl Junction)
Branson 3-5 (Willard)
Carthage 4-5
Neosho 2-6 (Webb City)
Joplin 2-7
Carl Junction (Republic)
These are the standings for COC League Tournament Round Robin Play. Yes, these are the standings that the COC will use to determine the conference champion as each conference is free to determine how their conference champion is determined. MSHSAA only dictates that the conference have at least 5 teams. Smaller conferences like the original Southwest that only had 5 teams traditionally determined the conference champion using a double round robin (home-and-home) tournament while larger conferences such as the COC and Ozark Conference typically use a single round robin tournament to allow teams to schedule out of conference games. Some conferences have a preseason bracket tournament in order to award a separate trophy. Some conferences have an end of season conference bracket tournament (prior to postseason district tournament play) in order to award a separate trophy. The old Tri-County Junior High conference used to seed the 7 schools 1-7 after single round robin play and would award the lone conference championship to the winner of this single elimination tournament. I am not sure if any conferences at the high school level use this format to formally determine a conference champion. Unlike the NCAA, MSHSAA does not forbid teams from the same conference from participating in separate bracket or round robin weeklong tournaments. Therefore, it is possible that two teams from the same conference may play more than once (or more than twice) in a season, however; the out of conference tournament game will not play a part in determining the league champion per conference rules as this would give potentially give each team an uneven schedule both in regards to strength of conference schedule and number of games played. MSHSAA does not presently designate that round robin tournament COC games are "conference" games and that other tournament games are "nonconference" games. Maxpreps does so as does the AAA (Arkansas) website, however; MSHSAA (Missouri), KSHSAA (Kansas), and OSSAA (Oklahoma) do not currently designate between the two types of matchups between conference opponents. Records of opponents are pulled from the MSHSAA website so this is why I use this format for conference records. I understand the differing opinions on which record reflects the "true" conference records, but I am simply posting records as reflected on the MSHSAA website for each individual school. If MSHSAA changes their listings to designate that only league round robin games are counted as "true" conference games in the future, then I will adjust conference records going forward accordingly, however; they do not so at this time which is again why I have the conference records listed as they are. If they are inaccurate, this is the result of incorrect or missing scores on the MSHSAA website for each individual school. I listed Neosho with only 1 conference win instead of 2 conference wins because the MSHSAA website designated each of their contests against COC opponents as a loss prior to last night's game. If they beat Carl Junction, this is listed as a 52-51 loss on the MSHSAA website.

C
These are the standings for COC League Tournament Round Robin Play. Yes, these are the standings that the COC will use to determine the conference champion as each conference is free to determine how their conference champion is determined. MSHSAA only dictates that the conference have at least 5 teams. Smaller conferences like the original Southwest that only had 5 teams traditionally determined the conference champion using a double round robin (home-and-home) tournament while larger conferences such as the COC and Ozark Conference typically use a single round robin tournament to allow teams to schedule out of conference games. Some conferences have a preseason bracket tournament in order to award a separate trophy. Some conferences have an end of season conference bracket tournament (prior to postseason district tournament play) in order to award a separate trophy. The old Tri-County Junior High conference used to seed the 7 schools 1-7 after single round robin play and would award the lone conference championship to the winner of this single elimination tournament. I am not sure if any conferences at the high school level use this format to formally determine a conference champion. Unlike the NCAA, MSHSAA does not forbid teams from the same conference from participating in separate bracket or round robin weeklong tournaments. Therefore, it is possible that two teams from the same conference may play more than once (or more than twice) in a season, however; the out of conference tournament game will not play a part in determining the league champion per conference rules as this would give potentially give each team an uneven schedule both in regards to strength of conference schedule and number of games played. MSHSAA does not presently designate that round robin tournament COC games are "conference" games and that other tournament games are "nonconference" games. Maxpreps does so as does the AAA (Arkansas) website, however; MSHSAA (Missouri), KSHSAA (Kansas), and OSSAA (Oklahoma) do not currently designate between the two types of matchups between conference opponents. Records of opponents are pulled from the MSHSAA website so this is why I use this format for conference records. I understand the differing opinions on which record reflects the "true" conference records, but I am simply posting records as reflected on the MSHSAA website for each individual school. If MSHSAA changes their listings to designate that only league round robin games are counted as "true" conference games in the future, then I will adjust conference records going forward accordingly, however; they do not so at this time which is again why I have the conference records listed as they are. If they are inaccurate, this is the result of incorrect or missing scores on the MSHSAA website for each individual school. I listed Neosho with only 1 conference win instead of 2 conference wins because the MSHSAA website designated each of their contests against COC opponents as a loss prior to last night's game. If they beat Carl Junction, this is listed as a 52-51 loss on the MSHSAA website.
CJ beat Neosho 52-51 a week or 2 ago.

Or, you know, you could save yourself writing a novel and just admit that the COC...the actual conference themselves, made up of the schools...award the conference champion based on those games that are scheduled by the conference. But, you do you man.

Or, you know, you could save yourself writing a novel and just admit that the COC...the actual conference themselves, made up of the schools...award the conference champion based on those games that are scheduled by the conference. But, you do you man.
Based on the length of the response.. any chance this is Mancini's mom's burner account?

Boy that'd be weird.

Reactions: Craig Hull
Based on the length of the response.. any chance this is Mancini's mom's burner account?

Boy that'd be weird.
Is she ineligible until the 2nd semester next year? Is she really going to sit out the 1st semester of her senior year?

Is she ineligible until the 2nd semester next year? Is she really going to sit out the 1st semester of her senior year?
Based on no inside knowledge of this situation, but my experience specific to this calendar year and MSHSAA - it wouldn't surprise me either way (whether she'll be eligible in Aug or Jan) and probably (99.99%) depends on how the AD interacts with MSHSAA.

I've witnessed an eligibility issue get overturned when an AD did some extra leg work. Separately, another situation that seemed (again we're talking about MSHSAA) to be a no-brainer for a student to be eligible, there was no extra effort above the Coaching level, and the student's ineligibility was "upheld".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT