ADVERTISEMENT

MSHSAA to require pitchers to wear a mask

MOpossum

Dec 14, 2009
I think that this is over do. They should have added the third baseman an first baseman while they were at it.

I think that this is over do. They should have added the third baseman an first baseman while they were at it.
Probably all infielders, none of them are very far from a hard hit ball most of the time. I've seen a lot more of them wearing the masks in the last year without it being required.

Probably all infielders, none of them are very far from a hard hit ball most of the time. I've seen a lot more of them wearing the masks in the last year without it being required.

I'm with you on the first and third base. But I'm not on the SS or second. I don't think that's necessary. I have seen a lot of outfielders wearing them which just makes me question if they can catch. Ha ha.

I'm with you on the first and third base. But I'm not on the SS or second. I don't think that's necessary. I have seen a lot of outfielders wearing them which just makes me question if they can catch. Ha ha.
SS or 2nd never get a hard hit ball or a bad hop? 2nd basemen have to play in on various defenses. I'm thinkin a lot of parents don't want their daughter to take one in the face no matter where they play.

That's true on second. Hadn't thought of that. I'll agree with you on that one too.
Ahh what the heck just let em all wear one. Mom and dad don't want em to get their face scuffed up, or worse take a bad hop in a mouthful of braces. OUCH!!! :eek:

Ahh what the heck just let em all wear one. Mom and dad don't want em to get their face scuffed up, or worse take a bad hop in a mouthful of braces. OUCH!!! :eek:

Ha ha. Let's just admit that the level of play in softball and baseball just aren't what they used to be.

Ha ha. Let's just admit that the level of play in softball and baseball just aren't what they used to be.
I don't swatch enough baseball to comment on that but I do know baseball in the semo area is pretty good overall as far post season success goes. Softball in this area still has some very good teams/players and some very bad ones too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT