ADVERTISEMENT

Mighty Webb gets beat.

Sure is tough watching Webb make deep runs into the playoffs every year, heartbroken over here.

Reactions: wcrb15
Safe to say Webb lives rent free in your head JN.

Funny listening to the Webb announcers at the start of thr game. Actually said "yeah...i expect us to win this 49-14 or something like that." Even more hilarious listening to them im disbelief as the clock ticked and Webb managed like 8 first downs for the entire game.

On the bright side...made it as far as Kearney did in Class 5 in 2013.
Bad memory that FRIGID semifinal still is! Kearney always seemed to catch Lee's Summit West at the dead wrong time. That was as cold as I've ever left a ballgame...............

Reactions: JNreturns
24-21. Platte county.. Bahahaja
Actually game didnt feel nearly as close as it was. PC handled the line on both sides of the ball, were very physical and fast. Dont know much about Jackson but whats been said on here. If their “the real thing” as some have said, PC is the best team to take them on next week. Congratulations to a Webb team that made it to the semi-finals when I certainly didnt see it only a few weeks ago. Great game to both teams and I will definitely be watching the next round. Should be an exciting game for sure. Ok, maybe a bit more if Webb was going🤷🏼‍♂️

Not that it makes a difference now but TV replay showed that in winning TD for PC receiver only had one foot in. Tough call but clearly missed on replay.

Reactions: JNreturns
Pretty even teams ...Webb had some pretty bad breaks . Fumble on first and goal from the 1 that turned into a touchback then 80 yd TD drive to go up 14-0 was huge for pc . Sack with a few seconds left in the first half that Webb had a facemask on put pc in fg position and they nailed a 38 yd fg to end the half . Roughing the passer on an incomplete pass on 4th and 14 that gave pc a first and goal on their game winning td. Game could have went either way ...that being said ...PC lead all but about 3 min of this game and shut Webb down in the second half like I haven't seen since Ladue a few years ago . Sure seemed like PC outplayed them but Webb made enough big plays to keep it close and potentially win . PC defense was very impressive. Congrats to PC . Idk what all Webb brings back next year but they will lose a whole bunch of really good players but that's not unusual for a team that's been in the semifinals 19times in 24 years

Last edited:
Pretty even teams ...Webb had some pretty bad breaks . Fumble on first and goal from the 1 that turned into a touchback then 80 yd TD drive to go up 14-0 was huge for pc . Sack with a few seconds left in the first half that Webb had a facemask on put pc in fg position and they nailed a 38 yd fg to end the half . Roughing the passer on an incomplete pass on 4th and 14 that gave pc a first and goal on their game winning td. Game could have went either way ...that being said ...PC lead all but about 3 min of this game and shut Webb down in the second half like I haven't seen since Ladue a few years ago . Sure seemed like PC outplayed them but Webb made enough big plays to keep it close and potentially win . PC defense was very impressive. Congrats to PC . Idk what all Webb brings back next year but they will lose a whole bunch of really good players but that's not unusual for a team that's been in the semifinals 19times in 24 years

Nice to see game-changing penalties go against WC for a change.

Actually game didnt feel nearly as close as it was. PC handled the line on both sides of the ball, were very physical and fast. Dont know much about Jackson but whats been said on here. If their “the real thing” as some have said, PC is the best team to take them on next week. Congratulations to a Webb team that made it to the semi-finals when I certainly didnt see it only a few weeks ago. Great game to both teams and I will definitely be watching the next round. Should be an exciting game for sure. Ok, maybe a bit more if Webb was going🤷🏼‍♂️
I didn't see it coming. Saw PC in person this year. Thought Webb would win by 14. But PC was better than i thought.

Kearney did the same thing in 2013...not much praise then.
Interesting note another infamous C4 program made the semis in 2013: Camdenton. I remember back then hoping and praying for some miracle that would put both in the title game but there was NO way KTown was beating that LSW machine that or any other night that season. Probably was the #1 team in ANY class in the KC Metro.

I didn't see it coming. Saw PC in person this year. Thought Webb would win by 14. But PC was better than i thought.
There was but a hint of this (I told hsmaniac by text at half) last week. PC seemed much better and more physical defensively in the second half. Clearly they learned much from their turnover and lack of run D loss to North Kansas City in the regular season.

They may move back down to 5 but likely to stay 6 watch NIXA next season in your league. That HC is going to create a monster there if he sticks around long term.

They may move back down to 5 but likely to stay 6 watch NIXA next season in your league. That HC is going to create a monster there if he sticks around long term.
Nixa is my pick to win Class 6 next year. Hopefully WC finds a way to keep the win streak going but it will be a game to watch.

Nixa is my pick to win Class 6 next year. Hopefully WC finds a way to keep the win streak going but it will be a game to watch.
Moving forward Class 6 could be really, really good in KC Metro next year: Donohoe and Rock bear watching as does another former MS HC at Blue Springs. Liberty North needs to find a RB but everything else is in place. Ray-Pec has some good talent returning but not as much as this loaded year. Nixa is such fertile ground with great community support. Put all these teams in a hat come 2021 on this side. A full slate (barring something else bad next year) over in STL will make a difference, too. Hours since 2020 ended already looking forward to MO C6 in 2021!!!

I noted a few game changing penalties for Webb . I'm not complaining about the refs ...they were proper calls although I honestly didn't see the roughing the passer call bc I was watching the ball ....he must have been hit really late . But all those calls were correct ...Webb just had some big mistakes at big times

Last edited:
Reactions: WebbCity11AD
I could only listen to the game but it sounded like PC dropped a few touchdowns and missed a FG. The real question is does Webb have anymore backs like Weathers and Henderson on the way.

I could only listen to the game but it sounded like PC dropped a few touchdowns and missed a FG. The real question is does Webb have anymore backs like Weathers and Henderson on the way.

Jackson whom started like half the year had almost 1000 yds . They also had a few freshman who contributed.

Last edited:
Funny listening to the Webb announcers at the start of thr game. Actually said "yeah...i expect us to win this 49-14 or something like that." Even more hilarious listening to them im disbelief as the clock ticked and Webb managed like 8 first downs for the entire game.

Curious as to which announcers you listened to? I watched the KNEO regular crew and never heard that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT