ADVERTISEMENT

KCI Conference

LawsonAlum

Aug 29, 2023
Has there been a better Class 1-2 football conference in the state the past 25 years?
9 State Championships
6 runner up finishes
Multiple semi-finalist showings.
That run by Penny was incredible.

1998 North Platte Class 1 Champ
2001 West Platte Class 1 Champ
2003 Lawson Class 2 Finalist
2004 East Buch Class 1 Finalist
2005 West Platte Class 1 Champ
2007 Lawson Class 2 Champ
2009 Penny Class 1 Champ
2010 Penny Class 2 Champ
2012 Penny Class 1 Champ
2013 Lawson Class 2 Finalist
2015 Penny Class 1 Finalist
2016 Penny Class 1 Champ
2018 Lathrop Class 2 Finalist
2020 Mid Buch Class 1 Finalist
2021 East Buch Class 1 Champ
2022 East Buch Class 1 Champ

Last edited:
Has there been a better Class 1-2 football conference in the state the past 25 years?
9 State Championships
6 runner up finishes
Multiple semi-finalist showings.
That run by Penny was incredible.

1999 North Platte Class 1 Champ
2001 West Platte Class 1 Champ
2003 Lawson Class 2 Finalist
2004 East Buch Class 1 Finalist
2005 West Platte Class 1 Champ
2007 Lawson Class 2 Champ
2009 Penny Class 1 Champ
2010 Penny Class 2 Champ
2012 Penny Class 1 Champ
2013 Lawson Class 2 Finalist
2015 Penny Class 1 Finalist
2016 Penny Class 1 Champ
2018 Lathrop Class 2 Finalist
2020 Mid Buch Class 1 Finalist
2021 East Buch Class 1 Champ
2022 East Buch Class 1 Champ
Only critique is it lacks the depth it once had.

Reactions: WaggleQB
KCI has been my favorite conference to follow since I moved to the KC area from southern MO. I know I still have a soft spot for SCA football, but sometimes I wish fans of that league could experience what it's like in the KCI. A home and home series between the 2 conferences would be a lot of fun but isn't feasible in the slightest haha.

Who wins the conference this year? Is it East Buchanan and then everyone else? Could North Platte or Hamilton win class 1? Can Plattsburg make a run in 8 man?

Any predictions on tonight's games with my perceived spreads
Penney(1-1) @ Lawson (0-2)- Hamilton 15 pt. favorites
Mid-Buchanan (1-1) @ West Platte (1-1) - Mid-Buchanan 24 pt. favorites
East Buchanan(2-0) @ North Platte (2-0)- East Buc- 22 pt favorites

Non Conference-
Lathrop (1-1) @ Salisbury- Toss-up Game
8 Man
Schulyer County (2-0) @ Plattsburg (1-0)- With Howard back out for football could Plattsburg make a run in 8 man

Who wins the conference this year? Is it East Buchanan and then everyone else? Could North Platte or Hamilton win class 1? Can Plattsburg make a run in 8 man?

Any predictions on tonight's games with my perceived spreads
Penney(1-1) @ Lawson (0-2)- Hamilton 15 pt. favorites
Mid-Buchanan (1-1) @ West Platte (1-1) - Mid-Buchanan 24 pt. favorites
East Buchanan(2-0) @ North Platte (2-0)- East Buc- 22 pt favorites

Non Conference-
Lathrop (1-1) @ Salisbury- Toss-up Game
8 Man
Schulyer County (2-0) @ Plattsburg (1-0)- With Howard back out for football could Plattsburg make a run in 8 man
I looked at EB NP just couldn't pull the trigger on that one but do like what is happening up in Dearborn.

Plattsburg plays a doubleheader vs. LeBlond later this season those could both be interesting and telling.

Penney is an interesting one. Throw out the Higginsville game it appears they have reloaded and will be a major C2 factor yet again.

Come November the "can EB make a major run in C2" will ramp up. I think they can FWIW................

Reactions: ncmo24
I looked at EB NP just couldn't pull the trigger on that one but do like what is happening up in Dearborn.

Plattsburg plays a doubleheader vs. LeBlond later this season those could both be interesting and telling.

Penney is an interesting one. Throw out the Higginsville game it appears they have reloaded and will be a major C2 factor yet again.

Come November the "can EB make a major run in C2" will ramp up. I think they can FWIW................
If they are anywhere near as good as last year's team, they can absolutely play with the top brass in Class 2 this year.

East Buch has reloaded it seems even with the loss of some solid players from last years team.
Penney (Hamilton) is class 1 this year and seem to be solid. Favorite in District 4 as of right now I'd say.
North Platte looks extremely solid. Lacks some big play potential on the offense but solid up front and in backfield.
Mid-Buchanan- Still looks competitive. Could see them beating Hamilton and North Platte but could also see them falling to either of them. Their loss to Holden is nothing to hang their heads about. Holden looks to compete with Lafayette County for MRVC East crown.

Watched the film of EB last week. Impressive defensive performance vs Savannah shutting down Class 3 All State RB Cade Chappell. Savannah is still a hard nosed and talented football team and will likely finish 3rd behind St. Pius and Maryville in the MEC. EB QB Gage Busby has a cannon for an arm and made some spicy throws. Some drops by the EB wide outs because the ball was coming a little hot that were catchable. EB looked to have some trouble getting Trevor Klein going in the run game but you could tell Savannah's entire game plan was to limit Klein. Kid still ended up with both of the TDs scored. Reminds me of Deuce Vaughn.

Love seeing North Platte turn their program around, but hard to imagine they can keep pace with what EB brings. EB vs Lafayette Co in the playoffs is going to be a must see game!

Any predictions:
Penney(1-1) @ Lawson (0-2)- Hamilton
Mid-Buchanan (1-1) @ West Platte (1-1) -
East Buchanan(2-0) @ North Platte (2-0)-

Non Conference-
Lathrop (1-1) @ Salisbury-
8 Man
Schulyer County (2-0) @ Plattsburg (1-0)-

EB is legit and as long as they have Klein at RB, they will be a handful.

Reactions: thetophat2021
But in the playoffs, will find out that they are no longer in Class 1.
Huh? A Stag thought that’s argeeable?!

Jokes aside, I kinda feel more in this boat. But to be fair with all the class 1 schools that should still be there to be frank. I think class 2 will be too much for them once districts beyond comes for them.

I think BG, Lamar, NMCC, Valle, maybe more are all better then average class 1 teams that moved up. I don’t see them making serious noise UNLESS they play favorable district teams, and favorable matchups afterwards.

Don’t intend this to be disrespectful. EB is very impressive. If they were class 1 I’d have them winning the darn thing. Tbh. It just is what it is. I watched the EB vs Savannah game. What I gathered outside of EB would win class 1? That a lot of teams could and SHOULD turbo them in class 2-4. (Savannah)

Sure, I could be wrong. Absolutely. The fun is we all will find out adventually. That’s the fun of football. Hope they do well. Just for the absolute clarification of how I feel.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT