ADVERTISEMENT

I'm all in on the automated strike zone now

3Rfan

Aug 23, 2002
After what I saw the last couple of weeks, and especially this weekend, on the Cardinal games they have to do it. The umpire crew they had in Cincy this weekend should be suspended for a month, sent to the minor leagues or fined! At least they can ask for a replay on the bases when they think the wrong call was made. That had to be the worst I've seen in a long, if not ever! C.B. Buckner should for sure get suspended he was AWFUL!! What was up with the ump throwing a Cardinal pitcher out of the game AFTER he had already been taken out and was on his way to the dugout. The pitcher should be disciplined for acting like a 5 year and sticking his tongue out at the ump but that should be handled by his manager, not the umpire.
I guess they worst thing they've done for baseball in the last several years is allow the networks showing the games to put up the fox box or what ever it's called on other networks. Before we could think the ump was bad but now it shows if they're right or wrong every pitch. About 2 weeks ago I saw what was the best ball/strike calling I've seen since they started showing it to us every pitch. I don't recall who the ump was but his strike zone was VERY good all night.

Last edited:
Pitcher stuck his tongue out at the ump. Lol. I guess the ump doesn’t have a sense of humor

Last edited:
It truly has been atrocious. In the past you knew certain pitchers were going to get certain calls regardless of who the ump was. Greg Maddux comes to mind. And certain hitters were going to get calls. When Big Mac took a pitch in the HR year it was a ball, no matter where it was. But now it's just random. They can't seem to call the same spots consistently even within the same AB. That's what gets everyone riled up. Umps do a really good job on the bases. They don't miss many there. But for some reason they're all over the place behind the plate. Hitters and pitchers know the zone pretty well. To see both upset all through a game says there's a problem.

Pitcher stuck his tongue out at the ump. Lol. I guess the ump doesn’t have a sense of humor
He was already out of the game and couldn't come back in. Like I said, that should be a thang for the manager to handle ad I hope he does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT