ADVERTISEMENT

hoodtiger reported high school transfer information ( Sikeston-Wentzville Liberty ) and more

metro-dude

Jan 28, 2004
Hoodtiger was spot on when he reported on mosports that Kale Catching, Karrington Davis and possible move ins @ powerful and talented Sikeston.

Sources tell me Kale Catchings has a freshman brother who was not guaranteed a varsity position by ( Justin Tatum ) on the CBC basketball team therefore the other options were for Kale Catchings to transfer back to his home district ( Wentzville Liberty ) to compete with his little brother. I can not see how Kale could be eligible unless the hardship rule was in affect. Wentzville Liberty will be flat loaded if Kale plays there in 2018.

The rumors in talent rich Sikeston has a family from Charleston looking for a house in Sikeston. This family has a son who is the top player on rival Charleston basketball team. The player from Charleston has been on the varsity basketball team for three years therefore the Charleston AD might not sign off on the possible transfer to Sikeston. When a transfer occurs the school must sign off or the transferring athlete is not eligible without court action.

Sikeston is about even with powerhouses St. Mary's and Vashon to win class 4 in 2018 but needs the Charleston move in to be a two point favorite to defeat St. Mary's in class 4 quarter final action and advance to the final four.

hoodtger, you were ahead of the times when you reported the above but it appears the rumors are true. Do you have any more possible transfer information that could affect future district and beyond winners?

Last edited:
Hoodtiger was spot on when he reported on mosports that Kale Catching, Karrington Davis and possible move ins @ powerful and talented Sikeston.

Sources tell me Kale Catchings has a freshman brother who was not guaranteed a varsity position by ( Justin Tatum ) on the CBC basketball team therefore the other options were for Kale Catchings to transfer back to his home district ( Wentzville Liberty ) to compete with his little brother. I can not see how Kale could be eligible unless the hardship rule was in affect. Wentzville Liberty will be flat loaded if Kale plays there in 2018.

The rumors in talent rich Sikeston has a family from Charleston looking for a house in Sikeston. This family has a son who is the top player on rival Charleston basketball team. The player from Charleston has been on the varsity basketball team for three years therefore the Charleston AD might not sign off on the possible transfer to Sikeston. When a transfer occurs the school must sign off or the transferring athlete is not eligible without court action.

Sikeston is about even with powerhouses St. Mary's and Vashon to win class 4 in 2018 but needs the Charleston move in to be a two point favorite to defeat St. Mary's in class 4 quarter final action and advance to the final four.

hoodtger, you were ahead of the times when you reported the above but it appears the rumors are true. Do you have any more possible transfer information that could affect future district and beyond winners?
How can the AD keep him from being eligible if the family moves to Sikeston? Pretty hard to prove it's for athletic reasons when they actually move.

Reactions: trifecta0323
How can the AD keep him from being eligible if the family moves to Sikeston? Pretty hard to prove it's for athletic reasons when they actually move.

The Charleston and Sikeston AD'S must sign off for eligibility to be granted. These are the rules by the MSHSAA. If the AD sign off, he is on record that no recruiting was involved.

Last edited:
The Charleston and Sikeston AD'S must sign off for eligibility to be granted. These are the rules by the MSHSAA. If the AD sign off, he is on record that no recruiting was involved.
If they make a family move they should be eligible. Recruiting would be very hard to prove and the AD at the school the kid is leaving has to be very careful because a family might move to his district some day.

Reactions: trifecta0323
Sikeston as a couple more transfers from Blytheville also coming in this year. Webster has Amorey Womack from Maplewood whos parents moved to webster. Ben Cooper has transferred from Rockbridge to Helias.

Also not just a done yet but supposedly Isaiah Mosley and Dajuan Harris are suppose to be leaving Rockbridge to go to Sunrise Prep in KC. Losing those 3 players or a combo of them would really hurt Rockbridge.

Sunrise Prep is in Bel Air, Kan., a suburb of Wichita. I hear a lot of rumors being attached to kids going there, but not many have transpired to date.

Sikeston as a couple more transfers from Blytheville also coming in this year. Webster has Amorey Womack from Maplewood whos parents moved to webster. Ben Cooper has transferred from Rockbridge to Helias.

Also not just a done yet but supposedly Isaiah Mosley and Dajuan Harris are suppose to be leaving Rockbridge to go to Sunrise Prep in KC. Losing those 3 players or a combo of them would really hurt Rockbridge.

hoodtiger, You appear to know a lot about basketball. If the Sikeston Bulldogs get unexpected help by way of " Move Ins "---Sikeston could have enough talent to defeat a loaded St. Mary's team out of South St. Louis however I'm not on board with a Bulldog win over Mary's. Vashon could get some unexpected help as well but they will be good without the help.

hoodtiger, what is your take on the big three in class 4? Southeast Missouri, South St. Louis or St. Louis?

I have Vashon the top team. I don't think people know how good Vashon will be. They have some sophomores that are very good. Including Camron Fletcher a 6'6 kid who might be best in his class not only in the area but the state. They also have a couple of transfers from out of state that are also very good. Out of the top teams in 4A Vashon bolsters more D1 players. I count a minimum of 4 on Vashon roster right now. St. Mary's will be good but losing Coach Lee will hurt them tremendously. Sikeston is the 2nd best team in 4A to me behind Vashon but not by much. Lookout for Parkway Central who returns everyone and Coach Kirby does a great job. Allstate player Deandre Campbell is also back. Jennings will be a force along with Liberty. Kale Catchings in 4A is almost unfair and to go along with all they have returning with Overall and Sims they will be very good.

I have Vashon the top team. I don't think people know how good Vashon will be. They have some sophomores that are very good. Including Camron Fletcher a 6'6 kid who might be best in his class not only in the area but the state. They also have a couple of transfers from out of state that are also very good. Out of the top teams in 4A Vashon bolsters more D1 players. I count a minimum of 4 on Vashon roster right now. St. Mary's will be good but losing Coach Lee will hurt them tremendously. Sikeston is the 2nd best team in 4A to me behind Vashon but not by much. Lookout for Parkway Central who returns everyone and Coach Kirby does a great job. Allstate player Deandre Campbell is also back. Jennings will be a force along with Liberty. Kale Catchings in 4A is almost unfair and to go along with all they have returning with Overall and Sims they will be very good.

hoodtiger, It's always enjoyable to read your post. You may be right about Sikeston and Vashon depending on how the new transfers adapt to the Holifield and Irons system.
The sophomores @ Vashon are very good and should fit in with 6'9" Joe Reece and 6'3" Mario McKinney. St. Mary's is already an established team with 5'11" Yuri Collins, 6'3" Antonio Burks and 6'6"Yahuza Rasah. The new coach will move over one seat and take over the head basketball position, I can not see a major drop off in changing coaches.
Sikeston is an established team as well. Not many better then Fred Thatch, Kevin Jones and Jenkins. If the rumors are true about the move ins from Charleston and Arkansas, the Sikeston Bulldogs could roll in districts and the sectionals but the class 4 quarters are a whole different thing. Either Vashon or St. Mary's will be waiting to see who wins the class 4 state championship.I must agree with hoodtiger and his Vashon pick. I don't know anyone who would bet against coach Tony Irons with all the chips on the table. Sikeston coach Greg Holifield appears to be moving to the top of his profession as well.

Class 4 and 5 state championships appear to have a very short list. Webster should repeat in class 5 and class 4 has 3 legitimate threats.

Last edited:
hoodtiger, It's always enjoyable to read your post. You may be right about Sikeston and Vashon depending on how the new transfers adapt to the Holifield and Irons system.
The sophomores @ Vashon are very good and should fit in with 6'9" Joe Reece and 6'3" Mario McKinney. St. Mary's is already an established team with 5'11" Yuri Collins, 6'3" Antonio Burks and 6'6"Yahuza Rasah. The new coach will move over one seat and take over the head basketball position, I can not see a major drop off in changing coaches.
Sikeston is an established team as well. Not many better then Fred Thatch, Kevin Jones and Jenkins. If the rumors are true about the move ins from Charleston and Arkansas, the Sikeston Bulldogs could roll in districts but the class 4 sectionals are a whole different thing. Either Vashon or St. Mary's will be waiting to see who wins the class 4 state championship.I must agree with hoodtiger and his Vashon pick. I don't know anyone who would bet against coach Tony Irons with all the chips on the table. Sikeston coach Greg Holifield appears to be moving to the top of his profession as well.

Class 4 and 5 state championships appear to have a very short list. Webster should repeat in class 5 and class 4 has 3 legitimate threats.
One of the St.louis teams would be a quarterfinal game for Sikeston not a sectional.

I don't know about any Charleston transfer but I can tell you we do have 2 transfers from the State of Alabama 2 twin brothers 6'1 guards that are very good players to an already loaded team

I don't know about any Charleston transfer but I can tell you we do have 2 transfers from the State of Alabama 2 twin brothers 6'1 guards that are very good players to an already loaded team

Welcome back Train. Sikeston will be very good with or without transfers. Class 4 has three big teams who could win it all this year. St. Mary's, Vashon and Sikeston unless injuries comes into play.

I sure wish my best Sikeston friend, mfloyd would weight in on the loaded Sikeston Bulldogs

Class 5 appears to be locked with Webster @ the top. It's difficult to come with a challenger for the Jay Blossom coached Statesmen.

Good news for class 3, it's wide open.

Welcome back Train. Sikeston will be very good with or without transfers. Class 4 has three big teams who could win it all this year. St. Mary's, Vashon and Sikeston unless injuries comes into play.

I sure wish my best Sikeston friend, mfloyd would weight in on the loaded Sikeston Bulldogs

Class 5 appears to be locked with Webster @ the top. It's difficult to come with a challenger for the Jay Blossom coached Statesmen.

Good news for class 3, it's wide open.

We had a really good summer. We only lost one (Springfield Glendale at the Rib City Shootout) and won about 20 games. We had a lot of young guys step up off the JV from last year. I feel we will be very deep this year. Fred Thatch had a very strong summer and was even on ESPN with his Bradley Beal Elite team so that was cool to see. I feel very good about our team we have. Hopefully we stay healthy and perform like we're capable.

We had a really good summer. We only lost one (Springfield Glendale at the Rib City Shootout) and won about 20 games. We had a lot of young guys step up off the JV from last year. I feel we will be very deep this year. Fred Thatch had a very strong summer and was even on ESPN with his Bradley Beal Elite team so that was cool to see. I feel very good about our team we have. Hopefully we stay healthy and perform like we're capable.

There is a post on the semoball forum concerning the Charleston player who had interest in transferring to Sikeston this fall but decided to stay in Charleston. hoodtiger was correct in his post but the interest wheel fell off the wagon. I'm guessing the big winner on transfers for the summer will be none other then Tony Irons @ Vashon and Wentzville Liberty.

Last edited:
There is a post on the semoball forum concerning the Charleston player who had interest in transferring to Sikeston this fall but decided to stay in Charleston. hoodtiger was correct in his post but the interest wheel fell off the wagon. I'm guessing the big winner on transfers for the summer will be none other then Tony Irons @ Vashon and Wentzville Liberty.
Imagine that. :rolleyes:

Acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree huh!

Transfers have been reported @ Sikeston, Wentzville Liberty, Webster, Chaminade, Vashon and reports are not in @ Scott County Central. I'm guessing all of the rumored transfers are all legal and the MSHSAA will not get involved therefore all will be playing basketball this season.

Seventh graders and Freshmen Student-Athletes can enroll @ seventh grade centers and high school outside district lines and be eligible provided tuition is paid. Scott County Central has out of district tuition cost @ $ 1500 dollars. As a rule the MSHSAA does not get involved with these transfers provided the enrollments are made within the first five days of the semester.

The St. Louis area is loaded with talented players in 2018 however many have already committed. I have the top two players in the St. Louis area enrolled @ Webster. Reports have been made that Vashon has 4 D-1 players on the Wolverine roster. St. Mary's is flat loaded as well and that's not counting new student-athletes.

We can expect the St. Louis area to produce three state championships in 2018.

I have Southeast Missouri's top two players enrolled @ Sikeston and Poplar Bluff. Mid-Mo, Springfield and Kansas City has basketball players as well but lack the publicity on MoSports.

Last edited:
Helias will have a nice squad, guard heavy. Ben Cooper from Rock Bridge has transferred there and he & Landon Harrison will be a very good back-court! 4 starters return to Helias . The took Grandview to the wire in sectional game. Keep an eye on Helias to make a deep run in class 4A. Deep guard heavy team that is well coached!

Transfers have been reported @ Sikeston, Wentzville Liberty, Webster, Chaminade, Vashon and reports are not in @ Scott County Central. I'm guessing all of the rumored transfers are all legal and the MSHSAA will not get involved therefore all will be playing basketball this season.

Seventh graders and Freshmen Student-Athletes can enroll @ seventh grade centers and high school outside district lines and be eligible provided tuition is paid. Scott County Central has out of district tuition cost @ $ 1500 dollars. As a rule the MSHSAA does not get involved with these transfers provided the enrollments are made within the first five days of the semester.

The St. Louis area is loaded with talented players in 2018 however many have already committed. I have the top two players in the St. Louis area enrolled @ Webster. Reports have been made that Vashon has 4 D-1 players on the Wolverine roster. St. Mary's is flat loaded as well and that's not counting new student-athletes.

We can expect the St. Louis area to produce three state championships in 2018.

I have Southeast Missouri's top two players enrolled @ Sikeston and Poplar Bluff. Mid-Mo, Springfield and Kansas City has basketball players as well but lack the publicity on MoSports.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the 1500 dollar number for tuition at Scott county? If it is 1500, I am getting hosed.lol

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the 1500 dollar number for tuition at Scott county? If it is 1500, I getting hosed.lol

I called the Scott County school district last year concerning the out of district tuition. The reply was $ 1500.00 dollars. The Blissett kid will be playing @ Sikeston this year. Did the Braves enroll anyone to replace Blissett?

Vanduser2000, a question for you concerning Risco and Gideon. Did they consolidate into one high school??

I just called a friend from Risco concerning the Risco-Gideon situation. It appears they still have a high school but have combined students from both schools for " Baseball and girls volleyball. " Risco and Gideon are so small in enrollment, they are still in class 1.

I'm guessing Risco and Gideon will combine students for a basketball team in the near future while maintaining separate high schools. ( The tuition @ Risco is $ 5000.00 for out of district student ) it is unclear if their out of district students pay the five thousand dollars.

Vanduser 2000, what is your kids name and can we expect to see him in the starting line up for the Braves this year?

Last edited:
I called the Scott County school district last year concerning the out of district tuition. The reply was $ 1500.00 dollars. The Blissett kid will be playing @ Sikeston this year. Did the Braves enroll anyone to replace Blissett?

Vanduser2000, a question for you concerning Risco and Gideon. Did they consolidate into one high school??

I just called a friend from Risco concerning the Risco-Gideon situation. It appears they still have a high school but have combined students from both schools for " Baseball and girls volleyball. " Risco and Gideon are so small in enrollment, they are still in class 1.

I'm guessing Risco and Gideon will combine students for a basketball team in the near future while maintaining separate high schools. ( The tuition @ Risco is $ 5000.00 for out of district student ) it is unclear if their out of district students pay the five thousand dollars.

Vanduser 2000, what is your kids name and can we expect to see him in the starting line up for the Braves this year?

I am paying 3500 a year. I might need to have a talk with the school. Lol. And that was last year also. Not sure if there is a different rate for different individuals based on income or other variables.

Haven't heard anything about Risco and Gideon. There isn't anything about it (that I have seen) on semoball. Could be a heck of a merger for boys basketball though.

I don't think there are any new faces for SCC boys this year. They lost all but one starter. Some young boys will have to step up. Coach says it's a really good group to work with.

Don't know if it's a good idea to post my kids name on here. Lol. May have to eat crow later for it.

I am paying 3500 a year. I might need to have a talk with the school. Lol. And that was last year also. Not sure if there is a different rate for different individuals based on income or other variables.

Haven't heard anything about Risco and Gideon. There isn't anything about it (that I have seen) on semoball. Could be a heck of a merger for boys basketball though.

I don't think there are any new faces for SCC boys this year. They lost all but one starter. Some young boys will have to step up. Coach says it's a really good group to work with.

Don't know if it's a good idea to post my kids name on here. Lol. May have to eat crow later for it.

Thanks, vanduser, good move by not given out your son's name. SCC has tradition but it's looking like a down year for the Braves but anything can happen. I'm guessing Advance and Risco will be strong in class 1.

Sikeston has the talent to be a class 4 state champion but Vashon, St. Mary's and Helias may get in the way. Jeff City Helias got a strong move in to help their cause.

Reactions: vanduser2000
Vashon has lost one of it best players to trasfor 6'8-9 wing player Joe Reece has transferred to East St.Louis Ill. Senior high. But they pocked up 6'5 transfer from Whitfield Academy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT