Eagles_Ball

Dec 19, 2003
Ozark @ Nixa
Poo @ Waynesville
Glendale @ Lebanon
Willard @ Joplin
Republic @ Neosho
Carthage @ Webb City

Ozark @ Nixa...Hide the women and children. Backyard Brawl will look more like a massacre.

Poo @ Waynesville...Poo by a few TDs. I don't think Poo is very good, but they're a good bit better than Waynesville.

Glendale @ Lebanon ...Lebanon finally looks to be putting it together. They're not good enough to challenge for the best in the conference not named Nixa, but they're plenty good enough to make easy work of Glendale.

Willard @ Joplin...Should be an early night at Hacketts! Celebrate with some quality wings and cold beverages.

Republic @ Neosho...Game of the week, at least on paper. I think Repmo is a good bit better, but I was also surprised at how easily Carthage handled them. Repmo rebounds and wins by 14ish.

Carthage @ Webb City...After a rare win, Webb City goes back to being what Webb City is now, which is 2-3 TDs worse than the good teams on their schedule.

Ozark @ Nixa...Hide the women and children. Backyard Brawl will look more like a massacre.

Poo @ Waynesville...Poo by a few TDs. I don't think Poo is very good, but they're a good bit better than Waynesville.

Glendale @ Lebanon ...Lebanon finally looks to be putting it together. They're not good enough to challenge for the best in the conference not named Nixa, but they're plenty good enough to make easy work of Glendale.

Willard @ Joplin...Should be an early night at Hacketts! Celebrate with some quality wings and cold beverages.

Republic @ Neosho...Game of the week, at least on paper. I think Repmo is a good bit better, but I was also surprised at how easily Carthage handled them. Repmo rebounds and wins by 14ish.

Carthage @ Webb City...After a rare win, Webb City goes back to being what Webb City is now, which is 2-3 TDs worse than the good teams on their schedule.
72a612cf-5463-418a-9731-fd47071d68fa_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Eagles_Ball
Nixa... perhaps the crowd can go catch throw'd rolls by halftime and before the 9:00 closing.
Poo... they won't want to lose this
Lebanon... Beirut will dominate in Falconry.
Joplin... tough night for Willard... won't be any funnel cakes in west Joplin either.
Republic... Tigers will edge them in a highway 60 cat fight.
Carthage... unfortunately...

- Nixa, I can’t get a read on Ozark. Beat Webb, lose to Glendale, who knows what’s up. But they’ll certainly lose this one.
- The ‘Poo runs through Waynesville.
- Lebanon, they seem to be looking better. But now they have old OC teams on their schedule…
- Joplin, based purely on having seen both teams.
- Going to say Neosho. I’m kind of surprised at how both teams played last week, however with Republic’s starting QB out for the foreseeable future, give me Neosho here.
- Carthage, if the team from last Friday shows up, I expect a comfortable win.

Could be a let down week for Carthage.

What is the word on the Republic back up QB? Is there a big drop off?

Nixa
Kickapoo
Lebanon
Joplin
Repmo
Carthage

Republic and Neosho could be quite a game. Two good teams but both are missing their starting QBs. But I think Republic comes out on top.

This is the year that losing to Webb City could be considered an embarrassment, so there is that. Also Webb City is strongly downplaying Carthage's win over Republic, so that's no doubt going to be bulletin board material for the tigers. Basically they are claiming partial credit since they wore Republic down and took out their qb. It's not a legitimate win for Carthage according to Webb City.

I like Carthage in this game but....don't put this one past Webb City even as confusing as they've looked at times this year. A lot of it comes down to WC's defense and if they can steal away a few possessions and then put up some of their own on big plays (I think they can and will do both). I imagine Carthage will run a similar game plan as what they did at Republic, which could create opportunities for WC's defense to shine. And when playing Webb City you can never rule out some bizarro sequence of events that tilts the table. As has been stated before, it sometimes seems like you need to be 2-3 scores better than WC just to have a chance.

I'm expecting a score in the range of 28-21 Carthage. Normally it seems like it's the Carthage fans who put the most stock into this rival game but I know there are some transplants for whom losing this one would be a really bitter pill.

Hard to gauge how exactly a bunch of 16 and 17 year olds will feel on Friday night, but I’m going to guess both sides will want to win between Carthage and Webb. Carthage clearly saw something they liked against Republic on Friday, they normally have two backs lined up behind the QB and to my knowledge they stayed in one back all game Friday night. Maybe they go with that look again, maybe they go back to their regular two back look, probably depends on what the Carthage coaches see on film from Webb. Regardless, I can’t imagine after getting flat embarrassed the last time they played Webb that Carthage comes out flat. I would imagine the strong possibility of getting the 1 seed and the bye week 1 of districts would be motivating as well.

For Webb, why wouldn’t they care about this game? They’ve had a down year (to their standards), as it stands now they would host round 1 of districts but would travel the rest of the way, and they face two tough games, on paper, to finish out the year against Carthage and Joplin. From a Webb perspective, losing this one hurts your record even more and increases the possibility of having to make a long drive to the KC area week 1 of districts. I’m going to guess they will be just as motivated for this one as Carthage is, and I expect it to be a good game regardless of how the season has gone for both sides.

I don't really see a way for Webb to fall to a 5 seed even if they lose both games. The team in 5th now has 1 loss left

I don't really see a way for Webb to fall to a 5 seed even if they lose both games. The team in 5th now has 1 loss left

Both of the teams below Webb will be at best 1-1. Webb will get points for playing up even if they lose to Joplin. If GV wins and Neosho loses their last 2 is there any chance we end up with WC in 3rd and Neosho in 4th? Head to head only affects hosting not actual seeding, correct?

Webb City may be a lowish seed but I bet Carthage would rather take their chances with GV than face WC a second time but as it stands they look to get Webb City as their first district opponent unless Raytown were able to take care of business.

Republic 34 @ Neosho 26
This is going to be the best game of the week, imo. Republic is still capable of moving the ball, even with their starting QB out. I’ll be interested to see how Neosho’s defense holds up, Republic’s offense is like a battering ram. I also think Neosho will be able to move the ball through the air pretty well, as evidenced by Carthage’s offense last week. Really think this one could go either way.

I wonder if it will be this close.
I think it will be closer but who knows. I've watched this rivalry for decades and have learned to always expect Webb City to win even when it seems improbable, but there will be the occasional surprise.

People can say what they will about Webb City being bad but their bad streaks are rare and just never seem to last very long. Is this one different I don't know. Maybe it is? We'll find out. What I see is a lot of new coaches (not just HC) and a lot of trial and error with kids in new roles or just inexperience at the varsity level. I've heard a lot of people with no confidence whatsoever in what's going on right now but I heard the same things about Roderique in the late 90s when he had a couple years to adjust and figure it all out.

I do think Carthage has a great chance to win but anyone who is hoping to see them beat WC again in a few weeks better not get too excited even if this friday goes well for the tigers. Carthage fans probably still have 21 fresh on their mind when a 42-14 win that was an all out a$$ whooping flipped to a 28-21 loss in district.

I think it will be closer but who knows. I've watched this rivalry for decades and have learned to always expect Webb City to win even when it seems improbable, but there will be the occasional surprise.

People can say what they will about Webb City being bad but their bad streaks are rare and just never seem to last very long. Is this one different I don't know. Maybe it is? We'll find out. What I see is a lot of new coaches (not just HC) and a lot of trial and error with kids in new roles or just inexperience at the varsity level. I've heard a lot of people with no confidence whatsoever in what's going on right now but I heard the same things about Roderique in the late 90s when he had a couple years to adjust and figure it all out.

I do think Carthage has a great chance to win but anyone who is hoping to see them beat WC again in a few weeks better not get too excited even if this friday goes well for the tigers. Carthage fans probably still have 21 fresh on their mind when a 42-14 win that was an all out a$$ whooping flipped to a 28-21 loss in district.
I don't disagree, but the talent levels are much different. IIRC, that reg season game from 2021 included something like 4 or 5 Webb turnovers, right? That's normally always the thing with Webb, if I'm speaking accurately and honestly (see not snarky). They are often bitten by the turnover bug early on but always seem to block and tackle well. That's just not the case this season. They're not very sound.

I don't disagree, but the talent levels are much different. IIRC, that reg season game from 2021 included something like 4 or 5 Webb turnovers, right? That's normally always the thing with Webb, if I'm speaking accurately and honestly (see not snarky). They are often bitten by the turnover bug early on but always seem to block and tackle well. That's just not the case this season. They're not very sound.
the talent gap is similar now to what it was in 21.

Yes and no. Carthage beat them in '16 with the help of 4 turnovers. So did CJ. But by the end of the season that was cleaned up and they beat CJ decisively. WC didn't play Carthage post season so we can only speculate there.

Last year Carthage won in regular season and I don't remember turnovers being a determining factor as much as Webb City just didn't seem very coherent on offense. But I don't remember the details on how the game went to be honest other than I was surprised 1-3 Carthage won and I was surprised WC looked as bad as they did offensively after they barely lost to Nixa and beat Repmo and Joplin by good margins.

21 was different in that it was really the only decisive win Carthage has had over Webb City. Decisive enough that the Webbies couldn't weasel their way out of crediting Carthage for just being good for once. None of that "we beat ourselves" malarky. The 21 Carthage team was IMO the best team Carthage has ever had. This Carthage team is not like that team. It's a good team, better than last year but I don't think it's like 21 or even 22.

The biggest difference so far looks to be between 21 WC and this year WC. A lot has changed. Almost all new coaches. A lot of players with less varsity experience. Over the summer of 21 some people were saying WC may be a little thin on big play type kids but then magically someone transferred from Joplin and he contributed big time. Their highest profile player this year is on the sideline injured and I guess this coaching staff doesn't have the same name recognition to get a high profile transfer even though they had all summer to work on it.

Defensively I still believe WC to be very good so I kind of expect to see Carthage put in a couple scores before suddenly nothing seems to be working and then it's a matter of can WC offense close the gap. That's where they have failed repeatedly this year.

Ozark @ Nixa
Poo @ Waynesville
Glendale @ Lebanon
Willard @ Joplin
Republic @ Neosho
Carthage @ Webb City
Obvious Tiger 🐅Roast unless the Eagle ‘C’ Team is playing…
Kickapoo by 3 TDs plus…
The YellowJackets continue winning …
JOMO piles on Willard…
Whoever has the ball last will win in Neosho…
Carthage wins this game.

Nixa --> Bad night to be a Tiger..
Kickapoo --> I guess Waynesville will finish as the winless team in the COC
Lebanon --> Lebanon is looking better every week
Joplin --> I Wonder how many passing touchdowns Joplin will have?
Republic --> REPMO by more than people think. Losing the McCracken kid hurts, but I feel they will adjust nicely.
Carthage --> Interesting one here.. I think Carthage wins, but I wouldn't be surprised with a Webb upset. Whoever wins now will probably lose to the other in districts, that's usually how it goes with these two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT