ADVERTISEMENT

Check out the NY Times Ducky

runyouover

Nov 6, 2002
Gumbo, Mo
Some of the accounts seem to agree on how the fatal altercation initially unfolded: with a struggle between the officer, Darren Wilson, and the teenager, Michael Brown. Officer Wilson was inside his patrol car at the time, while Mr. Brown, who was unarmed, was leaning in through an open window.

Many witnesses also agreed on what happened next: Officer Wilson's firearm went off inside the car, Mr. Brown ran away, the officer got out of his car and began firing toward Mr. Brown, and then Mr. Brown stopped, turned around and faced the officer.

Witnesses on both sides have stated that Wilson was firing his gun at unarmed men who were running away.
What happened next is where the stories differ. Is someone running away threatening your life?

Originally posted by Bearcat-time:

First time I have heard anywhere that he fired the gun as he was running away.
Then you haven't been paying attention. How did he get 35 yards away if he wasn't running? Secondly, is someone UNARMED, 35 yards away, a threat to your life?

If so, how?

Originally posted by Buck Commander:

Then you haven't been paying attention. How did he get 35 yards away if he wasn't running? Secondly, is someone UNARMED, 35 yards away, a threat to your life?

If so, how?
You're not following what he's saying. That's the first time he heard he fired WHILE HE WAS RUNNING AWAY. I'm not sure where this 35 yards comes from, I've heard 35 feet. Even then that is not fact as of yet.

There is no need to keep guessing about this thing. It has been so bungled by the people in charge we will never know the truth like most things in our world today . Politics and money is what drives everything in this society and truth and facts are seldom important.

Originally posted by Drop.Tine:

If so, how?
You're not following what he's saying. That's the first time he heard he fired WHILE HE WAS RUNNING AWAY. I'm not sure where this 35 yards comes from, I've heard 35 feet. Even then that is not fact as of yet.
Ok Most Interesting Man in the World tell me:

How is an ARMED officer of the law afraid for his life of an UNARMED teenager 35 feet away?

Originally posted by runyouover:
Some of the accounts seem to agree on how the fatal altercation initially unfolded: with a struggle between the officer, Darren Wilson, and the teenager, Michael Brown. Officer Wilson was inside his patrol car at the time, while Mr. Brown, who was unarmed, was leaning in through an open window.

Many witnesses also agreed on what happened next: Officer Wilson's firearm went off inside the car, Mr. Brown ran away, the officer got out of his car and began firing toward Mr. Brown, and then Mr. Brown stopped, turned around and faced the officer.

Witnesses on both sides have stated that Wilson was firing his gun at unarmed men who were running away.
What happened next is where the stories differ. Is someone running away threatening your life?
Again with no facts "officially released" to support the full story, If Michael was truly running away and over 35 feet/yards from the officer, then I would say he was not an immediate threat to the officers life at that time, but if he tried to take the Darren's gun in a scuffle in the cruiser then I would still think that there was a threat.

If so, how?

How is an ARMED officer of the law afraid for his life of an UNARMED teenager 35 feet away?
SMH, I can tell trying to talk to you and Duck is pretty much pointless. Lets say Mike Brown runs a 6 second 40 yard dash. So at 35 feet he was no more than a few seconds from reaching Officer Wilson. Again that is if you believe the officers story that Brown was rushing him.

Some of you have plenty of time to respond to posts on here and still screw it up, I can't imagine if you had to actually make that snap decision.

If so, how?

SMH, I can tell trying to talk to you and Duck is pretty much pointless. Lets say Mike Brown runs a 6 second 40 yard dash. So at 35 feet he was no more than a few seconds from reaching Officer Wilson. Again that is if you believe the officers story that Brown was rushing him.

Some of you have plenty of time to respond to posts on here and still screw it up, I can't imagine if you had to actually make that snap decision.
I HAVE made that snap decision...

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT