ADVERTISEMENT

Cards opening day roster

Toots_mcgee

Nov 10, 2020

Anticipated Cardinals opening day roster​

PITCHERS: Jack Flaherty, Giovanny Gallegos, Ryan Helsley, Jordan Hicks, Steven Matz, Miles Mikolas, Jordan Montgomery, Packy Naughton, Andre Pallante, Chris Stratton, Zack Thompson, Drew VerHagen and Jake Woodford;

CATCHERS: Willson Contreras and Andrew Knizner;

INFIELDERS: Nolan Arenado, Brendan Donovan, Tommy Edman, Paul Goldschmidt, Nolan Gorman and Taylor Motter;

OUTFIELDERS: Alec Burleson, Dylan Carlson, Lars Nootbaar, Tyler O’Neill and Jordan Walker;

INJURED LIST: Paul DeJong-INF, Wilking Rodríguez-RHP, Adam Wainwright-RHP.

Baseball made a rule change to incentivize keeping young studs on opening day roster.

Should Jordan Walker finish in the top three of NL Rookie of the Year voting or the top five of NL MVP voting this year, the Cardinals will receive an extra draft pick thanks to Walker’s inclusion on the Opening Day roster.

I’m intrigued to see the young guys this season. A little disappointed Yepez is demoted. My only question is about keeping a 33 year old infielder who has never been able to stick with any other mlb team. Does Taylor Motter make a WS contending team’s roster?????

Last edited:
I’m a little disappointed Winn didn’t make it, but then again thankful they actually rewarded Walker. I think Winn earned the SS job. Play Edman at 2B and let Donovan play all over. Between injuries, splits, and off days Donovan would be a “regular”. The thing that pisses me off about Motter is the only reason he was kept is because he’s the easy and obvious move when Dejong is healthy. Crap makes me want to puke.

That bullpen is ROUGH. Pitching is going to be an issue. Central is bad enough it won’t matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT