ADVERTISEMENT

Branson

What I do know is that the Nixa coach likes to grossly overhype the stats and ability of her two most favorite players, if one reads the Ozone preview...

Last edited:
If Clark is truly 6 feet tall she may well wind up being Nixa’s best player regardless of what was in the O Zone preview

If Clark is truly 6 feet tall she may well wind up being Nixa’s best player regardless of what was in the O Zone preview

She's at least 5'11 which is close enough. And her outside shot is better, to go with her ability to get to the rim off the dribble and the added height along with her jumping ability enables her to protect the rim pretty good and get rebounds, something Nixa desperately needs.

What was Nixa’s scoring breakdown against Parkview

M Conway 19, Clark 12, Gibbons 8, Bray 8, A Kamies 6, Mahy 6, Weaver 5, S Conway 3

Clark led with 6 rebounds and had 3 blocks

They forced 23 Parkview turnovers

Update: The freshman sister who transferred to Nixa along with her junior sister is not starting. They are starting the 5 I thought they would start. But Nixa is playing 5 additional players off the bench so far for fairly extensive minutes and the freshman is one of them.

So if there was a wager, someone won, and someone lost :p
Thanks for the update. Guess I should have taken him up on the offer.
It also does not look like Kickapoo is missing a beat without the sisters, thrashing a consistently good Thayer team in their first game. A new point guard moved in from out-of-state who does a nice job defending and distributing. Looking forward to seeing the Poo and Nixa match up again this season.

Thanks for the update. Guess I should have taken him up on the offer.
It also does not look like Kickapoo is missing a beat without the sisters, thrashing a consistently good Thayer team in their first game. A new point guard moved in from out-of-state who does a nice job defending and distributing. Looking forward to seeing the Poo and Nixa match up again this season.

Is Merced playing? I don’t think she is but wanted to confirm.

Yes, the new point guard for Poo is very good, they came from North Carolina. She is just what the doctor ordered for that team.

Poo will beat Nixa by 25 at least. I think this is Poo’s year if they can get past Rock Bridge. And stay healthy of course. They were hit hard by injuries last season.

Is Merced playing? I don’t think she is but wanted to confirm.

Yes, the new point guard for Poo is very good, they came from North Carolina. She is just what the doctor ordered for that team.

Poo will beat Nixa by 25 at least. I think this is Poo’s year if they can get past Rock Bridge. And stay healthy of course. They were hit hard by injuries last season.
At least 25 you say? I guess I shouldn’t watch that game then. I would expect that game to be a lot closer than that

One thing Nixa may have going for it against Poo is that may be a game where they are not out coached

At least 25 you say? I guess I shouldn’t watch that game then. I would expect that game to be a lot closer than that

That’s just what I think. I think Kickapoo’s size, depth and experience will be too much for Nixa. Doesn’t mean I’m right though. I’ve been wrong a few times. Just ask my ex wife 😅

I have a guess. I think Nixa’s coach is trying to placate the returning players and parents. As soon as Nixa loses a game she will use that as a reason to start the older Conway

I have a guess. I think Nixa’s coach is trying to placate the returning players and parents. As soon as Nixa loses a game she will use that as a reason to start the older Conway

You mean the younger one. Thing is, she's not better than the older guards on that team. And she may not even be the best freshman. The other two freshman seem to be playing at least as good - if not better - from what I have seen.

My mistake. I thought people were saying the older sister was not starting. Agree with you on the younger one from what I have seen online

Nah, the older one has been the best player so far, with the sophomore Clark not far behind

That’s what it looks like to me. Don’t know how that is going to sit with a couple of the returning juniors

My guess is that the rotation tightens a bit when Nixa starts playing good teams, which obviously will work out good for some players and not so good for others. That's pretty much what happened last yr but they didn't have the depth that they have this yr.

Last edited:
Nixa is probably going to break Carl Junction's 30 game winning streak tomorrow night.

Last edited:
This CJ team isn’t like years past. I’m sure shorter will have them better post Christmas, but definitely taking a step or two or three back. Could get ugly tomorrow

It is just how high school sports works. CJ has been really good for 6 or 7 years now and eventually the talent level declines.

Nixa beat CJ tonight 63-53. Both teams shot poorly and had a lot of turnovers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT