ADVERTISEMENT

810 Varsity season previews

What they have up so far...

Belton

Liberty

St Michael

Odessa
Sounds about right for what I expected from Odessa. Lots of young talent. That can either pay dividends by the end of the season, provided you stay healthy. OR take a year and this season becomes a rebuilding year.

Odessa is gonna be a team that will win games and has the chance to pull upsets but I expect a rougher season this year. .500 or maybe a game or so better.

Sounds about right for what I expected from Odessa. Lots of young talent. That can either pay dividends by the end of the season, provided you stay healthy. OR take a year and this season becomes a rebuilding year.

Odessa is gonna be a team that will win games and has the chance to pull upsets but I expect a rougher season this year. .500 or maybe a game or so better.
Up season in the MRVC West I could see any of 5 teams winning that league or some massive tie at the top.

Up season in the MRVC West I could see any of 5 teams winning that league or some massive tie at the top.
Exactly. With Warrensburg, Oak Grove, and Harrisonville on the upswing and Pleasant Hill continously good, I see this season as a rebuilding year for Odessa. Chance Odessa pulls some upsets and is in the conference title hunt though.

But next season? Odessa is gonna be a contender.

Exactly. With Warrensburg, Oak Grove, and Harrisonville on the upswing and Pleasant Hill continously good, I see this season as a rebuilding year for Odessa. Chance Odessa pulls some upsets and is in the conference title hunt though.

But next season? Odessa is gonna be a contender.
The Bulldogs also play an interesting non-con schedule which did stay same as prior cycle this fall. TBH the one team I know the least about is two time defending champ Pleasant Hill!

just starting the breakdowns and as you know classes 2 through 6 have variable numbers. A very interesting Bubble team right now is Lamar in C2 and they are carrying 55 if Mshsaa wants 2 to be a 54 team class ole lamar goes to 3

Unfortunately going to bed as im tired. Classes waiting til Monday lol

Last edited:
just starting the breakdowns and as you know classes 2 through 6 have variable numbers. A very interesting Bubble team right now is Lamar in C2 and they are carrying 55 if Mshsaa wants 2 to be a 54 team class ole lamar goes to 3

Lamar can handle class 3 I feel confident saying that. Heck that could set up another Blair-Lamar matchup who wouldn't want that?

Sigh

Smithville again hosting Kearney Week 3. Has the early makings of a low scoring physical one............

Overwhelming personnel mismatch though. K should run single-wing against them. Even in their state chamionship season, SV gave up 240 yards to Excelsior Springs that ran the single wing. With this crew of K players, they would roll Dawgs roll if they ran it.

Last edited:
Overwhelming personnel mismatch though. K should run single-wing against them. Even in their state chamionship season, SV gave up 240 yards to Excelsior Springs that ran the single wing. With this crew of K players, they would roll Dawgs roll if they ran it.
Everything looks and sounds impressive and why wouldn't it but NEVER count out a key rival especially one just a year removed from the best HC (yeah I said that) in the KC Metro exiting for a huge task at Jewell.

I didn't paste but LIBERTY NORTH is now on 810. Best read of any preview in this region thus far: shows what happens when you build then maintain an elite program and these Eagles fill that bill and then some................

Everything looks and sounds impressive and why wouldn't it but NEVER count out a key rival especially one just a year removed from the best HC (yeah I said that) in the KC Metro exiting for a huge task at Jewell.

Difficult to argue with. He took over a program that for the five previous years had been at a 63% winning percentage. The HC carried an 83% winning percentage 90-19. Four district championships in 9 seasons. Pretty good. State Title. I still think there was a major Jimmy and Joe factor in 2018, and 2021-22. Those classes were loaded with three-year starters that were off to the college ranks in various sports. All-state athletes in lots of sports. Those were the years they made big runs. Just like the Jimmy and Joe factor with Kearney right now -- loaded with college talent all over the place.

Last edited:
Reactions: thetophat2021
Difficult to argue with. He took over a program that for the five previous years had been at a 63% winning percentage. The HC carried an 83% winning percentage 90-19. Four district championships in 9 seasons. Pretty good. State Title. I still think there was a major Jimmy and Joe factor in 2018, and 2021-22. Those classes were loaded with three-year starters that were off to the college ranks in various sports. All-state athletes in lots of sports. Those were the years they made big runs. Just like the Jimmy and Joe factor with Kearney right now -- loaded with college talent all over the place.
Wave Memphis GIF by Christian Brothers High School

Overwhelming personnel mismatch though. K should run single-wing against them. Even in their state chamionship season, SV gave up 240 yards to Excelsior Springs that ran the single wing flexbone. With this crew of K players, they would roll Dawgs roll if they ran it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT