ADVERTISEMENT

Ozark job officially open

Ozark has some good young players.Was the coach pushed out?

Not all staff members resigned.

Why do you think there will be a huge pool of applicants?
Pipeline is full. Multiple younger classes with players on the way. Will depend on what happens with AD job, too. Word is AD was looking to retire, and HC wanted to move up.

What # is your son?
Ha! No. You disagree? How in the heck is Ozark a lower half seed in that district again? You honestly think the last 3-4 years haven’t been disappointments? Fair or not, at some point you’ve gotta beat Poo, Nixa or Republic if you have that job. It’s not Joplin or Neosho.

Coach K could have been coaching the Tigers this year and they would not have been top 4 in THAT district.

Ha! No. You disagree? How in the heck is Ozark a lower half seed in that district again? You honestly think the last 3-4 years haven’t been disappointments? Fair or not, at some point you’ve gotta beat Poo, Nixa or Republic if you have that job. It’s not Joplin or Neosho.
Interestingly, the only time they even made the District Championship game was a year they didn't draw Nixa or Poo.

100% agree, and if CJ, Carthage, and FT Smith could hit their FT, they probably lose those three games that shouldn't have been that close.
CJ had a 3 in the air at the buzzer that would have beat Ozark but it missed. When you look at the rosters that never should have happened.

Reactions: da bears 25
I'm not Jimmy, but I'll chime in.

Ha! No. You disagree?
Yes, I disagree they've underachieved.
How in the heck is Ozark a lower half seed in that district again?
Because there are three REALLY good teams in that district. And there are two others that were just a little better than Ozark.
You honestly think the last 3-4 years haven’t been disappointments?
Last four year records
19-9 (lost to Nixa in district final...and just for fun, lost to Kickapoo in OT of Nixa tournament)
20-8
12-15 (lost to Nixa by one in the first round of districts)
11-16 (lost to Nixa in 3OT in the first round of districts)
Fair or not, at some point you’ve gotta beat Poo, Nixa or Republic if you have that job. It’s not Joplin or Neosho.
The year Ozark went 12-15 they beat Republic by about 25, I think. In fact, Ozark has beaten Republic three of the last four years. They also took Nixa to brink the last two years in districts and lost to Poo in that 2OT mentioned above. Anyone with a pea sized brain can see the talent difference in those teams.

Just for funsies. Poo and Nixa had three final four appearances in those four years. There are/were at least five mid to high level D-I players from those teams. Like actual, REAL college basketball players. Not some dreamer at CofO or Evangel, like an actual real stud. No offense to those that are playing at those other places, but it's a different level.

Right, wrong or indifferent they have now forced out a supt, a football coach, and a basketball coach. They've got a parent problem that is only growing. And my guess is, you and your unrealistic expectations are pretty much the blueprint for the problem.

CJ had a 3 in the air at the buzzer that would have beat Ozark but it missed. When you look at the rosters that never should have happened.
100% agree. 1) CJ missed 10 + FT,(I believe I read they shot right at 50%) and 2) I remember that sequence being crazy. The intentional missed FT rebounded by the shooter (a good 3pt shooting SR guard) and getting a 3 off that rimmed out. Wild stuff, and CJ should probably feel like that one got away. I remember Carthage ending similarly, with Ray intentionally missing a FT and I don't think they got the rebound.

Right, and four years ago if not for a missed FT late Ozark beats Poo (with Brazile, Haney, and Brookshire). Ozark had a 3 in the air to beat undefeated Nixa in the first round of districts. And also took Nixa to 2OT this year. You can acutely do this all day long.

His teams always beat Glendale and gave POO a much harder time than Glendale has since 2013. I think it's a bad decision, but at least those parents are taking action unlike another school I could mention.

Northwest Missouri coach is the favorite to take the MSU job.
If it’s the coach that’s been up there for quite a while now, he’s a good one.

And if he took it, I would say that it’s possible that Abreu may come home to the ozarks. He wasn’t their best player this year, but has averaged double figures. Just a thought.

I don't see him taking it but who knows. Pay will be better but he won't have the family atmosphere of Northwest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT