ADVERTISEMENT

MIZZOU BASKETBALL.

runbillyrun

Sep 8, 2006
Did you know Nebraska legend Tom Osborne LOST 7 bowl games in a row? Then won THREE National Championships In the next 4 years.!!!!!! My point, give Kim Anderson a fair & reasonable chance. Some of you wanted Dukes coach K & Zoo was not able to get him. Now your just trying to prove your point. I'll bet any ONE person a $100.00 that 3 years from now MIZZOU is substantially BETTER. ( pending we give the guy 4 years to turn it around.)

Originally posted by runbillyrun:
Did you know Nebraska legend Tom Osborne LOST 7 bowl games in a row? Then won THREE National Championships In the next 4 years.!!!!!! My point, give Kim Anderson a fair & reasonable chance. Some of you wanted Dukes coach K & Zoo was not able to get him. Now your just trying to prove your point. I'll bet any ONE person a $100.00 that 3 years from now MIZZOU is substantially BETTER. ( pending we give the guy 4 years to turn it around.)
Define "Substantially better."

They could win three SEC games three years from now, and they'd be three times better than they are right now.

At this point, they couldn't possibly be any worse. KA is overseeing one of the worst seasons in school history. So ANYTHING will be substantially better.

If you want to be bold, bet someone that MU will be as good or better than when MA was here.

KA has a long way to go right now to even get the program back to the level it has been at over the past 6-10 years. It seems the same people who are quick to give KA a free pass were the same ones who were killing MA and FH for much less.

You can blame this season on the last guy, but the last guy, MA and even Quinn Snyder, never had a season like the one MU is having right now. At some point it becomes KAs baby and he has to own it.

I'm all for giving KA some time to get it figured out. But at the same time, he took over a program that had been pretty successful. He didn't take over UMKC -- and I'm not giving him a complete pass for putting a UMKC-type product on the floor.

Maybe Mizzou needs to schedule Mo State, by far two of the worst D1 programs in the state and maybe nation. Mo state needs to just eat paul lusk's contract and get rid of him and the AD that signed lusk to such a crazy contract. But doubtful that happens so Mizzou could get a few wins for many years to come with this in-state game.

This post was edited on 2/7 8:28 PM by wesley38

KA will not be around 11 years, he is 59.
He may make them better, in time, but...
Were these 2 that are suspended his recruits or Haith's?

Why does it matter whose recruits they are if he did the right thing and suspended them. Kids do stupid stuff, happens all the time. Don't see why the coach or the program is always shamed when they deal with it the right way.

Tom lost those bowl games when going to a bowl game meant you were a really good team.

Mizzou is probably the 200th best D-I basketball team in the country. Some perspective here in the difference between not winning the big one and not winning almost any game.

I was never really bothered that Norm never took them to the Final Four. They won games and were entertaining to watch. This is a huge, huge difference.

He was supposed to clean up the program. If he is still recruiting the same type of problems that plagued the last one. Then there was no upgrade to the program.

WHAT it IS.....1. KA got the leftovers 2. Brought in a new assistant with some of that assistant's high school players, Prep players yes, BUT, not the good ones. Now they are suspended. I will go on record.....they will not be at Mizzou next year. 3. Faith's assistant stayed and did what????? 4. KA and the past CMSU coaches had not recruited D-1 players before. 5. Support the program, KA will get it done by hiring new coaches and upgrading recruits.

I know the talk is all Haith vs Anderson but IMO Mike Anderson is the coach that Missouri let get away. I realize he chose to leave but he had Missouri playing its best basketball. Kim Anderson has a reputation as a decent guy and a pretty good coach. The team this year is one of the worst major conference college basketball teams I've ever seen. I see pretty much no chance that they don't get better. The question is, 2-3 years from now when Missouri is 16-14 and .500 in the SEC will that be enough? I see him being moderately successful but he isn't going to turn Missouri into a top 15-20 program. He could stabilize things so maybe the next guy could.

conservation, you are @ the top of your game and correct on all accounts. Two of Kim Anderson's assistants must go and a former D-1 head coach must be hired. Nobody on the Missouri bench is capable of taking over the basketball program if Kim got hurt or sick. We must also remember those " Living room visits " when recruiting and selling the Missouri basketball program.

This post was edited on 2/9 1:14 PM by metro-dude

Yes Mike Anderson was the keeper. Too bad Arkansas had the job open up.

I don't think you can survive at mizzou without consistently making the tourney. .500 in the SEC is not enough.

Originally posted by Neutron Monster:
Also have to point out that Haith is doing well at Tulsa. They are 10-1 in conference.
Haith did well in his first season at MU too. He inherited a veteran team that had things to play for. Same situation at Tulsa. A little side trivia. He inherited point guards from Lee's Summit West at both places.

Haith will probably move on from Tulsa before his freshman class graduates. He will leave Tulsa in a bad a condition as he did MU. If he had stayed, his assistant coaches woul be finishing out the season right now, as I bet he would have been fired mid season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT