ADVERTISEMENT

I'll post this here cause there is nothing on the VB board about it

3Rfan

Aug 23, 2002
And its a kind of PC stuff anyway. My wife saw it on facebook and told me about it.
Houston,MO. HS volleyball team has been stripped of their trip to the state tourney because 3 of their players played and a charity VB event recently. Licking will now make the trip to the VB state tourney. I'm pretty sure the charity event was not a professional kinda thang. :rolleyes:

My wife found something else on the story, Houston won the the district title but had to forfeit because the 3 players played in a coed charity event and it gave the rule number they violated by playing in an organized event during the season. After an appeal of the ruling the state says they violated that rule number and Licking was the runner up so now they advance play in the sectional game.
It's strange world we live in.

Last edited:
Yes, it's been on there for a long time.
If there wasn't reward money though, then who in the world turned them in?

Yes, it's been on there for a long time.
If there wasn't reward money though, then who in the world turned them in?
I guess it don't matter, Houston won their appeal. Someone said Licking had been on their bus for about an hour when they were told Houston would be going to the sectional game. I reckon they decided a co-ed charity tornament was not a violation of that rule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT