ADVERTISEMENT

Chiefs are the new patriots

Toots_mcgee

Nov 10, 2020
Zebras just decide they aren’t going to call anything on the Chiefs right tackle, play after play after play. This game is completely invalid. It’s a joke.

Zebras just decide they aren’t going to call anything on the Chiefs right tackle, play after play after play. This game is completely invalid. It’s a joke.

You know this guy did this nearly every snap in last year's playoff game against the Jaguars...who he played for. There's no conspiracy, dude.

Elite QB's get their line a lot of "no-calls" throughout the season. Chiefs left guard held the hell out of the DT on one play, right into Mahomes, one hand on the breast plate(Guard was behind the play). It was as obvious of a hold as you can get, nothing. And it's always been this way.

Green Bay's tackles get that kick start pre-snap, every day of the week, when Rodgers was there. Will be curious to see if that holds up with Love.

Reactions: HomeyR
Best thing I can say about being a Chiefs fan is that all the way up until the very moment the pass was once again dropped on the 4th and 20, I thought we were winning. That's what it's like having Mahomes. Such a fun and exciting time. Win or lose I'm rewarded with the best football imaginable.

The Chiefs absolutely are the Pats now. Not only do they get the benefit of the doubt in a lot of scenarios, but in the unlikely event that they lose, that's enough to fuel whole seasons for other teams. Detroit could very well end up missing the playoffs once again this season but every Lion fan will still cherish the feeling they had last night. Getting one past the Chiefs in a low stakes game is enough to make it all worth it for most folks.

Best thing I can say about being a Chiefs fan is that all the way up until the very moment the pass was once again dropped on the 4th and 20, I thought we were winning. That's what it's like having Mahomes. Such a fun and exciting time. Win or lose I'm rewarded with the best football imaginable.

The Chiefs absolutely are the Pats now. Not only do they get the benefit of the doubt in a lot of scenarios, but in the unlikely event that they lose, that's enough to fuel whole seasons for other teams. Detroit could very well end up missing the playoffs once again this season but every Lion fan will still cherish the feeling they had last night. Getting one past the Chiefs in a low stakes game is enough to make it all worth it for most folks.

LOL..the Lions won their Super Bowl. Congrats.

That's what it's like having Mahomes.
Maybe three possessions into the game, texted one of my group threads and said "man, he's just a magician"...and it's so true. He sees so much and just has an unbelievable feel for what he does. And then put all the tools and just enough athleticism on top...just makes for a special player.

Reactions: _slo_mo_
Maybe three possessions into the game, texted one of my group threads and said "man, he's just a magician"...and it's so true. He sees so much and just has an unbelievable feel for what he does. And then put all the tools and just enough athleticism on top...just makes for a special player.
Like Jordan or Tiger in his prime. You just know he is going to pull it out with greatness.

Jordan and Tiger could take matters into their own hands. QB you still have to have the WR's to run accurate routes and hands better than a horse. Dan Marino was one of the most gifted QB's I have ever seen and never won a Super Bowl. Dude just didn't have the cast to do it. I think Mahomes gets a few more rings, but he doesn't catch Brady. I DO NOT think he will get one this year. More of hypothesis than law, but just think it's so hard to win in the NFL back to back. And no matter what, those contracts start catching up. Brady is the exception, not the standard.

Jordan and Tiger could take matters into their own hands. QB you still have to have the WR's to run accurate routes and hands better than a horse. Dan Marino was one of the most gifted QB's I have ever seen and never won a Super Bowl. Dude just didn't have the cast to do it. I think Mahomes gets a few more rings, but he doesn't catch Brady. I DO NOT think he will get one this year. More of hypothesis than law, but just think it's so hard to win in the NFL back to back. And no matter what, those contracts start catching up. Brady is the exception, not the standard.
Gotta have a "give back" year sometime. Two rings count me not one bit worried. I think Mahomes catches Montana and Bradshaw minimum (4 rings) by the time he hangs it up.

No one in my generation would ever refer to St Louis as “the Lou”. But when I’m on vacation I see those people posing in front of waterfalls for Instagram.

STL is a hell hole. But the BBQ there is just as good as KCs overrated meat. Pappy’s and Sugar Fire = anything KC has to offer.

When you have to break the bank for your QB and your other stars it eventually catches up with you. Chiefs need the refs help to win big now.

No one in my generation would ever refer to St Louis as “the Lou”. But when I’m on vacation I see those people posing in front of waterfalls for Instagram.
Whatever. Lol. But seriously, you can’t even claim to be from the Ladue of St Francois Co. I, on the other hand, can claim to be a fine product of the Ladue of Madison County. It doesn’t get much more high brow than that.

Reactions: Toots_mcgee
STL is a hell hole. But the BBQ there is just as good as KCs overrated meat. Pappy’s and Sugar Fire = anything KC has to offer.
Fax! Agreed all the above. And I love Slaps, Q39, and Jack Stack. But the two you mentioned and Salt + Smoke (the original, not that trash in BPV) are just as good.

Reactions: Toots_mcgee

When you have to break the bank for your QB and your other stars it eventually catches up with you. Chiefs need the refs help to win big now.
The NFL salary cap is a bitch Ducky... that's for sure ! Did you see what Joe Burrow signed for today. Mahomes doesn't get near that kinda money. BTW: Is there anything good about KC ? asking for a friend.

ree-pepe.gif

The Lions are the new Chiefs. A team with a horrible record in the playoffs, gets a new HC, a veteran QB from the west coast, and might dominate a weak division for the next 5 years. I went last night, there was a huge Detroit crowd at Arrowhead.

The Lions are the new Chiefs. A team with a horrible record in the playoffs, gets a new HC, a veteran QB from the west coast, and might dominate a weak division for the next 5 years. I went last night, there was a huge Detroit crowd at Arrowhead.
I was also there. Thoroughly shocked at the amount of Detroit fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoosterBosko
If the Chiefs are the new Patriots, then good. It is about time a heartland team received the refs' favors, and not a blasted coastal (where the actual citizens would prefer flag football). Yet, we didn't get those late pass interference calls on Thursday night that would have allowed the typical game-winning touchdown at the end. Disappointing.

Reactions: thetophat2021
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT