ADVERTISEMENT

Back from losing my bet!!

Veer2Eternity

Apr 17, 2005
Thank you Taco Tico for participating in our annual event. I don't think valle will go four straight years without a district title. It's a bit tougher when you are playing in the classification your talent pool matches.

1) Marionville: Go watch the film. The first onside is clearly recovered by Adrian. I know there were some social media posts from the other side about it but if you watch the film the ref got it right. You can see the 2nd or 3rd Marionville kid jump in then have that 'crap' look when he got up.
HOWEVER there was a blown call not long after that: Marionville ran a hook and ladder to their offensive tackle for a TD. It was an illegal forward pass. Go look at the film and slow it down. Kid catches ball and toss from 36 and the ball is caught by the tackle on the 35.
Comets played hard but big MO got them and it just snowballed. Good team for sure.
2) Monroe City. Hated seeing their RB out. I know he was a difference maker. Adrian's back got one touch before he went out injured so that evened out I guess. Another solid team that played hard. Probably should hold off on the flag planting and stomping going forward.

3) East Buchanan. Best class 1 team I've seen in decades. Big , fast and well coached. Adrian's only hope was to slow the game down and limit their opportunities. With the FB/DE out they couldn't run their power /iso stuff and Adrian just wasn't a 'spread' team. They wanted to line up and punch you in the mouth. That said, nobody was beating EB that day. Hats off to them . A great champion.
4) Next year , look for Sherwood to be really good if they limit the 'daddyball' mentality. Doing your jobs gotta come before cheap shots.
5) Is anyone else perturbed by the opt outs and such in college? I don't know the answer but i don't like this one.
6) Will MSHSAA finally make class 6 have more than 36 in their class? What a cake walk.
7) I wouldn't have wanted to see Blair oaks playing my team on a day the wind wasn't blowing. Yikes.
8) WEBB??! !What the sam hill!??!?!?!
9) Next year's state title is being won today in the weight room.

Good luck to all teams.

Last edited:
1) Marionville: Go watch the film. The first onside is clearly recovered by Adrian. I know there were some social media posts from the other side about it but if you watch the film the ref got it right. You can see the 2nd or 3rd Marionville kid jump in then have that 'crap' look when he got up.
HOWEVER there was a blown call not long after that: Marionville ran a hook and ladder to their offensive tackle for a TD. It was an illegal forward pass. Go look at the film and slow it down. Kid catches ball and toss from 36 and the ball is caught by the tackle on the 35.
Comets played hard but big MO got them and it just snowballed. Good team for sure.
First of all…
How dare you?!
If it wasn’t for them damn refs, Carlton would have thrown the ball over dem mountains.

Second of all, cheater cheater cheaters!

I saw them do the tomahawk chop every time Adrian got a first down! Coincidence? I think not!
I heard about their little rendezvous at the VFW in Adrian on Thursday night before the game! And mark my words, the comets will be back!

And you didn’t even mention how crucial having state championship track speed is to being a district runner up in football. Come on man.

This message was brought to you in jest lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Thank you Taco Tico for participating in our annual event. I don't think valle will go four straight years without a district title. It's a bit tougher when you are playing in the classification your talent pool matches.

2) Monroe City. Hated seeing their RB out. I know he was a difference maker. Adrian's back got one touch before he went out injured so that evened out I guess. Another solid team that played hard. Probably should hold off on the flag planting and stomping going forward.

3) East Buchanan. Best class 1 team I've seen in decades. Big , fast and well coached. Adrian's only hope was to slow the game down and limit their opportunities. With the FB/DE out they couldn't run their power /iso stuff and Adrian just wasn't a 'spread' team. They wanted to line up and punch you in the mouth. That said, nobody was beating EB that day. Hats off to them . A great champion.
4) Next year , look for Sherwood to be really good if they limit the 'daddyball' mentality. Doing your jobs gotta come before cheap shots.
5) Is anyone else perturbed by the opt outs and such in college? I don't know the answer but i don't like this one.
6) Will MSHSAA finally make class 6 have more than 36 in their class? What a cake walk.
7) I wouldn't have wanted to see Blair oaks playing my team on a day the wind wasn't blowing. Yikes.

Good luck to all teams.
"daddyball mentality..." gotta love it ! 🤐

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity

Good luck to all teams.
Losing DeGrave was a killer for MC. He is a generational talent. 6'3" 200 lbs and can flat fly. Great receiver and runner. They also relied heavily on him on defense. I knew when he went out against Lincoln that the run was over for Monroe City.

Why didn't the FB/DE play against East Buch? He was a heck of a player.

I agree that East Buch was an amazing team, but Adrian just didn't look the same from the previous week. Not having that FB/DE took away a lot of their physicality, I guess.

Losing DeGrave was a killer for MC. He is a generational talent. 6'3" 200 lbs and can flat fly. Great receiver and runner. They also relied heavily on him on defense. I knew when he went out against Lincoln that the run was over for Monroe City.

Why didn't the FB/DE play against East Buch? He was a heck of a player.

I agree that East Buch was an amazing team, but Adrian just didn't look the same from the previous week. Not having that FB/DE took away a lot of their physicality, I guess.
He was injured at practice the night before. I think he's wrestling now from what I've heard.

Like the old saying goes, you either got speed or you're chasing it. I thought when 22 went out Adrian was doomed as he also fills the same type roles.

Reactions: NEMOFball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT